To Have a Mother

I was laying in a bed, fitted with light blue cotton sheets. The smell of sizzling sausage wafted into the room. It was a lovely bedroom, fitting with ocean-like decore. The air had a ting of salt to it. None of this seemed stange to me. I yawned and got out of my nice, dry bed and went down teh hallway and into the kitchen. There, tsanding infront of the stove, was my darling husband. I went to him and have him a kiss. 

"Goodmorning, Love." He said, handing me a sup of black coffee. As my hand wrapped around the handle or the mug, my wedding ring shone in teh light. I sat down at the small table and sipped.

"Goodmorning." I yawned. "Shouldn't you be at work?"

"I have the day off today." He joined me after slidding two plates of food onto the table. "I got the letter this morning."

"Really?" I questioned, leaning over hte foor for another kiss. 

"Yes, really. Unless I get called in, we have the whole day to ourselves."

I smiled and peered into his deep, blue eyes. I loved this man so much. He meant the world to me.

"Vince?" I asked. He looked up from his eggs.

"Hm?"

"Let's go for a walk. Please?" He swollowed.

"Right now?"

"Of course right now." I laughed and stood up. He did the same, and we went out of the slidding glass doors and stepped onto the sand. He slid his fingers between mine and, hand in hand, we walked to the water's edge. This got the bottom of our pajama pants wet, but I didn't care. I was with Vince. That's all that mattered.

After a while, we tired of walking and started running. It turned int oa bit of a challenge, really. I ran ahread of him, then he infront of me. I reached into the water and splashed a handful of it onto him. He laughed and reached to do the same. This gave me a chance to run ahread. As I did, I looked back to gloat. This resulted in me tripping, and landing face first in te sand.

When I picked myself back up, everything was different. IN stead of the beach, I was in a totally white void. Seemingly endless, I walk left, only to find an invisible barriar. I felt around until I found a corner. Walk, walk, corner... Walk, walk, corner. ..

Eventually, I found that I was trapped in a box. I looked into the distance that I couldn't reach, wonsering if it was also total whiteness.

BOOM!

Suddenly, a loud explosion sounded from the middle of the room. I whipped around, and was taken aback by a towre of roaring fire, right in the center, coming out of hte floor. I took a step back, whipping sweat off my forhead.

I watched in horror as the fire began to expand and evolve. The licking flame turned into the outlines of animals: Lions growled at me. Rats and snakes hissed. All of them lashed towards me. I hunched down and started crying. This was Fiendfyre, and was what killed my Vincent. It was like it was taunting me. 

"Stop!" I yelled. "stop it!" 

Just as fast as it had started, the fire began to die out. A sigh of relief escaped my lips. It was going to be okay. I twas gone. I was safe. 

BOOM!

Or not.

The tower shot back up, only, animals didn't greet me. Familiar sillouettes developed, specific features started to form. Soon, eleven people were shown in the cursed fire.

Peter Petigrew

Bellatrix

Macaffee

Hayes