Chase's House

I spoke briefly to Chase before going back to my room. He said he had Flooed while I was away to see if I wanted to pay him a visit. I agreed to visit him as soon as I was feeling well enough to go home, which was not that night. Thought of Collin Creevey were circling around in my head, and I needed to lay down and try to sort it all out on my own. After all, I couldn't tell anyone I had killed him. I was too ashamed.

Afterwards I went back to my room. While I was gone, Lucius had joined Narcissa, and they were both waiting for me, sitting on the edge of the bed. I told them I wanted to stay here over the night, and the rest of the day tomorrow. As I readied myself for bed, they asked if I was feeling okay. I lied and told them that I was just a little bit panicy, but it wasn't anything. They bought it, and asked if Narcissa could stay with me tonight instead of Lucius. He needed to be at the Apothicary the next day, and it was easier for him to stay at home and get some rest himself. Although I really wanted to be with Lucius, I agreed to let Narcissa stay with me.

I slept pretty well that night. Narcissa said I had had a night terror, but I couldn't remember it. She wouldn't offer much information, probably in fear that it would make me upset. So, I left it. Through out the day, I stayed in my room. I ate the food that was offered to me, but never all of it. Just enough to make everyone hpappy. I didn't leave to talk to Gildy, but he did come to visit after my nap. When he wasn't there, my thoughts kept running back to Collin and his tear streaked face. The desperation in his voice as he begger me not to hurt him. As he begged to spare him so he could care for his brother.

His brother who was probably still alive, and with his brother, all because of me.

That night I had a Therapy Session with Healer Phillips. It wasn't that productive, since I wasn't going to tell him about Colin, and that's all I had thought about all day. He asked if I was feeling well, and I said no to get him off of my back. It wasn't really a lie. I was feeling crumby, just not in the way he was asking. So he took my tempurature and did a small exame, but deemed everything seemed fine. Even so, he let me leave early, with wishes of getting better.

So I went back to my room and told Narcissa that I was ready to go home. I wouldnt' tell anyone at Mungo's what I had done, so there was no point in me staying. Either way I was going to feel anxious and guilty, so I might as well feel that way at home.

We surprised Lucius by arriveing home around nine o'clock. I was already ready for bed, so all I had to do was get into bed. I slept inbetween them that night.

The next morning, Lucius went to work, along with Draco, who I was still trying to keep my distance from. Narcissa gently woke me up around nine, and said I needed to get up, take my Combination, and eat breakfast. She mentioned I had had a night terror, but, like always, I couldn't remember it. I quietly ate breakfast as she tried to hold a conversation. When I finished eating, I sat in the sitting room and leafed through the book Narcissa had gotten me on Volcanos. I had made it through ten pages or so when the fireplace lit up.

"Hey, Elle?" I put the book down and looked into the flame. A firey version of Chase's face was smiling back at me. "Hey, are you coming today?"

"I... I don't know." I bit my lip. I knew that I had told him that I would come overa s soon as I got home and was feeling well enough to do so, but now I was having second thoughts. I wasn't sure if I was ready to go there by myself, so far away from Lucius or Narcissa. Everything would be new: I didn't know were he lived, or who he lived with, or even, know that I thought about it, how old Chase even was.

He let out an agitated sigh.

"Come on, Elle. You said you would!" His used an acusitory tone. An flash of anxiety flared into my chest.