In Sickness and In Health

"Calm down, Elle." Lucius put a hand on my bare should. I turned away from tent flap, making my fluffy dress twirl around my legs. 

"Lucius, in less than an hour, I'm going to be married." I quietly said, sticking the end of my extra volumous hair into my mouth. Lucius gently reached over and pulling it out of my mouth. 

"Relax. We are going to have to go out soon." 

He was right: the rest of the wedding party was out there, and the ceremony had already begun. Lucius and I were the last two to remain. I looked back out the tent flap.

A Man in fancy robes was reading out of some book. Draco was standing infront of him, looking much better than he had this morning. When ever he came home the night before, he was roaring drink. Needless to say, this morning he was still a little tipsy. Rolling around noon, he was severly hung over. Luckily, Lucius had some kind of tonic that took away hang over (something that definally would have helped me through the years) that he quickly gave Draco. Now he looked at if he had never touched a drop of alchohal. 

Beside him was Gregory in his dress robes, widely smiling. He had been so excited when Vincent and I were getting married. Now he was finally being a best man, and his face showed that he was proud of it. It made me so happy to see him so glad.

Sarah Beth was out there, looking stunning in a silky, emald green gown. Green was the colour that Narcissa had decided to accent with, and I was glad. I liked green. And now, seeing it on Sarah Beth, it made me even more thankful. Her skin glowed, and it went beautiful with here brown, curly hair. 

Even Orion and Virgo were out there. Orion had  on a little green bow tie, and Virgio had a green bow on top of her head. On their bows were the rings. Usually, weddings had cute children be the ring bearers, but in this case we were using my dogs. They were cutier than snot nosed children, anyway. 

"Eleanor, get ready." Lucius came up behind me and took my hand. I used my other hand to take out the four scraps of paper that I had stuffed into the front of my dress. I took my other hand back to unfold them. I read them all, and smiled.

Strong

Strong

Strong 

Strong

I took a deep breath. I was strong. I could do this. 

I put the papers back in my dress and locked elbows with Lucius. He pushed the tent flap back, and we went out. Every head in the audience turned to us. The sky was a beautiful bright blue, and a small, gentle breeze blew across the field. 

I looked around at the crowd. There were a lot of faces I didn't reconise, but the ones I did made a flicker of happiness wave around in my chest. Well, for the most party. I saw the Mud-Lover and her stupid baby, but tried to ignor her. To my right I saw a whole row filled with my friends: William, Chase, Jenna, and Gilderoy. Healer Fuchs and Healer Phillips were with them on either end of the row. I gave Gileroy a smile as I passed him. 

I saw Rufus Fudge in the crowd, who must have been there with Sarah Beth. Last I heard, they were going steady. He was beside Dolores Umbridge who stood out since she was wearing all pink. 

Closer to the front was Mike and Clarissa, who were smiling, but looked a little teary. Beside them was Narcissa, who was just a mess. Happy, but a mess. She was crying, almost sobbing, but silently, and frantically dabbing her eyes with a hankerchief. 

Lucius walked me to the front, joined out elbows, and kissed my forhead. Then, he took a seat next to Narcissa. The man in the front look at Draco and I before starting.