"Miracle"

That was it" it was gone. All of it was over.

After a while on the cold, white tiles of my bathroom floor, they finally transported me to St. Mungo's. I was too delosional to know waht was going on then. I was in too much pain to think, and the Healers were in too much of a hurry to explain, anyway.

They admitted me into the Intensive Care Unit, cleaned me off, adn dressed me in a white gown. Then, they gave me a big vial of green liquid to drink. This took the pain away, and cleared my mind enough to finally think. 

I remembered the bundle the second Healer had taken out of the room after what felt like an enterinty of pushing. It wasn't until now that I realised what it had been. 

I looked up at teh Healer who was taking my pulse and writing something down on a clipboard. 

"W-Where's the baby?" I asked. As silly as it was, I had a peck of hope that it was alive and well, even though it was only five monthes developed. I had heard stories about woman having babies early and the child living. Maybe I was lucky enough for that to happen to me. Maybe Draco was with it right now, holding it's small, weak body in his arms while I couldn't. 

But I could tell by the Healer's face that this wasn't the case. My lips turned down in an apparent frown as I egan to cry. 

"I'm sorry, Miss... Your child was still born."

"What?"

"It dies inside you. It was born decseased." HE explained. I covered my mouth, trying to hold back sobs. "Look at it this way: atleast it didn't have to suffer. And it's a miracle you survived, Miss. You have a rip in your uterus. As it expanded, it just bursted open. If we would ahve waited a moment sooner, you would have died. You have lost a lot of blood. But we healed it, and you will be very weak the next few days."

A miracle? 

This was not a miracle. This was a cruel joke fate had already played on me once. I lost something I loved and I was kept alive when I should have been dead. Just like with Uncle Severus, Scabior, and Vincent. IT was like life was trying to tourture me.

"You lost an aweful lot of blood, Miss" The man said again. "That's how we knew something was wrong. When your water breaks, there shouldn't be any blood in it." 

When a person's lost as much as I had, they shouldn't have another life taken away from her...

"Your caretakers are here, though. They want to see you. Your a psych patiant so they can come in and out when they want, unless we tell them they can't. But is it okay that they come in?"

"They're my Mum and Dad..." I sniffed. I wasn't sure why I wanted to tell him that, but I felt I needed to. He nodded.

"Very well. I'll send them in." The Healer nodded again and went ou teh door. a moment later, Lucius and Narcissa entered. Narcissa's eyes were puffy and red. Lucius had a pained look on his face.

"How do you feel?" He asked. INstead of replying,  just shook my head no. He stopped at my esdide and tookk my hand .I jerked it away.

"Where's Draco?" I quietly questioned. Lucius pressed his lips together befor replying.

"He's at home. We'll be here in a bit. Does anything hurt?"

"Uh-huh...' I nodded, tyring to see through my tears. 

"What?"

"Uh... down... there...." I looked down, swollowing.

"L-Lucius?" Narcissa cleared her throat. He lookeda t her. "I think you should go check on Draco."