What?

Draco and I continued to go out every week. Except a drink turned into icecream. Then icecream turned into pastries. Everntually, pastries turned into full on dinners.

Every Tuesday, we would go to dinner, leaving Narcissa and Lucius at home to have dinner by themselves. Healer Green noted a change in my mood, and said that I could replace Thursday night therapy with my dinner night. Of course, I had stopped taking my Combination, so my mood had to be different. But some how I was still happy, atleast when we went out.

For some reason, Draco's presence started to make me happy, As we talked, I would find myself smiling. A bubbling feeling would pick at my stomach, making my smile broden. 

It was a familiar feeling that I couldn't exaclty place. He made me happy. After dinner, we would have a cup of tea in the sitting room, then we would go to bed. We would go together. I would put my pajamas on, and cuddle against him. It didn't bother me like touching most other people would.

Once day in mid-February, we went out as usual. Actually, unknown to me until we got there, it was Valentine's day. when we got to our usual resteruant, it was decorated in pink hearts and fluttering faries. A live band was playing love songs on a make shift stage. 

We ignored all of it and ate as usual, except... something felt a little different. Like the feeling I got around him. I couldn't excatly put my finger on it. I kept finding myself peering into his grey eyes,  but every time he caught me, I would look away, blushing.

When we got home, Gumby brought us our tea. We sat onn the sofa, quietly talking.

"So... have you heard from Sarah Beth?" He asked me. I put some hair behind my ear.

"Yeah... she's trying to set up an appointment with the Minsitry, but she's doubful that they'll take hte case." I said sadly. He noddded.

"Are you sure you can handle going to court?" He paused for a moment. "I mean, I don't want you getting hurt."

"I have to stop her, Draco. The things she said about Uncle Severus..." My boice cracked. HE looked down and we both fell into silence.

"Elle, how often do you think about Vincent?" He gently asked, knowing he was stepping into risky territory.

"All the time. I miss him a lot." I swollowed. 

"I know. We all miss him."

"We were so close to the weddin.g" i ear slid down my sheek. "Ifo nly the stupid war hadn't have happened..."

"I think we all wish that." He replied. "Do you.... I I mean. You're doing better now, right?"

"Yeah, I... I still mis him, though..." I looked away from him. He scooted a little closer to me.

"Just keep it up, Eelanor. Stay stronge."

"That's the thing. No one understands how hard it really is. Eveyrone tells me to try and I do, but It's so hard. I just wish... I- Now that I'm taking my Combination, it's even harder..." Draco was the only one who knew that I wasn't taking it, so he was the only one I could confind in about it.

"I'll help you, Elle. I want to help you." He quietly said. I looked up.

For a moment we just looked at each other. Then, very slowly, he leaned in. Before I knew it, his lips wer etouching mine. For a split second, I stiffened, but then, I closed my eyes and relaxed.

I finally figured out what I was feeling. Love. Over the last few monthes, I had fallen in love with Draco Malfoy for a second time in my life. My head told me that should stop, but my heart said to keep going. I was feeling a feeling I hadn't felt since Vincent was alive... and it fellt good. REally, really good....

The only thing that made us pull away wash te sound of shattering glass and a gasp behing us. We turned around.

"L-Lucius!" Narcissa called out; a look of total shock on her face. A shattered tea cup sat at her feeeet, the contense sinking into the lush, white carpet. 

"Mum?!" Draco sprang up. I stayed seated watching in a confused hazed.

"Narcissa?" Lucius came up behind his wife. She wasp ale in teh face as she turned around. she glanced at DRaco, and then wispered something in Lucius's eat. his eyes widened.

He stepped forward that cleared his throat.

"Draco. come here. I have to talk to you." He said. Draco loook around, as if to see who Lucius was speaking to, before going ot his father. Lucius lead his son into the room over and Narcissa came in to sit beside me after using her wand to clean up the mess of tea from dropping her cup. 

"Narcissa?" My voice strained, and tears glissened in my eyes. "What is going on?" I was thoroughly confused. Why were they acting like that? Why did Lucius take Draco away? All he had done was kiss me... and I waas having a good time... and...

"It's nothing, dear. Lucius just wanted totalk to Draco, that's all." She explained. My tears fell over my cheeks.

"Then why does he have to talk to him in there? Is he in trouble?"

"Oh, no, dear." She hesitated. "It's just something about work is all. IT's okay YOu don't ahve to cry. Come on, dear>" She pulled me into her. I let her, and she rocked and shushed me as I cried. But it didn't help. I was still upset. Upset because I didn't understand what was going on. why were they upset? It was painfully obvious that they were....

I could hear Lucius and Draco in teh next room.

"You know you shouldn't have done that, Draco!" Lucius's tone was cold.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't help it!" Draoc justified.

"You can't do that, Draco! !She's a mess as it is. You can't lead her onn! Do you know what you've done?!"

"I told you, I'm sorry!"

"that's doesn't cut it! You sealed your fate! I just hope you lov eher!" ther was silence. "Do you love her.?"

"I don't know, Dad." 

"Well, you better find ou, and hope you do. You can't break her heart. She's progressed se well, you can't give her a relapse. Not now. You should have controled yourself."

"Elle?" Narcissa shifted, breaking me from my concentration. "How about we go get ready for bed?"

"But.... Draco..." I trailed off. She let go of me.

"He's fine, I promise." She stood up, taking me with ehr.

"But,  Isleep-"

"I would prefer you not to sleep with him tonight. " she began leading me up the stairs.

"But..." I began to cry again.

"shh..." You can sleep iwth Lucius and I tonight, okay? Don't cry." She lead me into her room. Instead of saying yes or no, I jsut stared at her, pained.

She waved her wand, and my pajama's, night pants, Melvin, and combination flew into the room.

"Here, love." She handed me the pajamas and night pants. "Put these on." She ushered me into the bathroom. Knowing I had no other choice, I changed into my night clothes, and, after brushing my teeth, came back out to her. Her kissed my cheek. "There we go. Here's you're Combination. TAke it and lay down. I'm going to change." She explained, then went into the bathroom. 

I looked at the Combination adn shook my head. I wasn't taking it. Usually, I just dumped it down my toilette, but now I couldn't do that. Thinking fast, I poured it into a vase of flowers sitting on her night stand. 

I heard the bathroom door open.

I quickly jumped into bed, covering up. She excited, looking at. But her eyes shifted to her night stand. 

"That's odd." She said, going over to it. I bit my llip, hoping that what ever she saw didn't connect to me not taking my Combination. She lifted up the vase. "I don't remember it even wilting this morning."  She simply shrugged it off, and I sighed with relief. "I'll get rid of it in the morning." She said, and put the vase of now completly dead flowers back on the nightstand.