A Realisation

The next morning went about as smooth as last night .I got frusturated because no one would leave me alone. Healer Phillips kept trying to ask me questions, although I didn't want to talk to him. Lucius kept trying to ake away teh book, and Natcissa tried to force Melvin into my arms. Both of them tried to get me to eat, which resulted in oth of them getting covered in water and apple slices. 

Instead of scolding me, they both just cleaned themselves up and asked if I wanted something else to eat. I yelled at them, slid down into bed, then reopened my book and re-read the names I had read atleast a thousand times since the day before.

I did that until I was given my noon Combination, and Ifeel asleep with my arms still around the book.

When I woke up, Narcissa was still there, but Lucius wasn't. She said he and Draco had went to work at hte Apothicary. As annoyed as they made me, it made me upset because I wanted them there. How come they got to leave, and I had to stay here? 

So I pouted and clutched onto my book. This went on for atleast twenty minutes, until Healer Fuchs came in, smiling and carrying a basket. I looked at her with my eyes, but didn't make any effort to move my head.

"Good afternoon, HEaler Fuchs. What brings you here?" Narcissa said. Fake entusiasm was dripping from her voice. For some reason, everyone around me wanted to act like they were emensely happy. 

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Malfoy." Healer Fuchs replied. "I just came to check on Mrs. Eleanor Malfoy." She made her way to my bedside. "How do you feel?" 

"Tired." I mumbled, although I didn't really feel that way. I was a little tired, but most of it was a longing for sleep. A longing to get away from my lip for a few hours...

"I see. I have got a surprise for you, if you would like it." She grinned, then pulled what ever was in the basket out. She held it up, and I watched as the crotcheted material unfolded into a wall of stiches. It was a blanket, composed of granny squeares, crotcheted blossoms, and frilled edges. It was green, purple, and red. "It's a blanket." She stated the obvious. I looked down at my own blanket that was covering me, before looking back at her. "I started it while you were in Intensive Care. I just finished it."

"Isn't that lovely, Elle?" Narcissa got up from her seat. "Do you want to use it instead of the one you've got?" She took the edge of my blanket. I shrugged, and the pulled it back. Healer Fuchs spread the one she made over me. "It is lovely, isn't it?"

"I'm glad you like it." The woman nodded, then turned her attention back to me. "There is another reason I stopped by." She informed. I pulled on my hair: I didn't like the curiosity of why. And at the same time, I didn't really care: I just wanted her out. Narcissa reached out and took my hair out of my hand so I could no longer pull it. "Is it okay if your Group pays a visit? They've been wanting to see you?" 

I shook my head no. I didn't want one person in here, much less five extra. 

"Well... what about just Gilderoy? He has really wanted tosee you. He asked every day if you were out of Intensive Care. 

I thought about this. I still didn't really want to see him, but somehwere, in the back of my mind, I knew I needed ot let him in. I couldn't be mean to him. After all, he was my best friend, even if I didn't want him to be... 

I shook my head yes.

"Wonderful! I will go get him now if that's okay?" She asked. I nodded again, and the turnedo n her heels and left the room, leaving Narcissa and I alone once again. We sat for a couple moment sin silence, then Narcissa cleared her throat.

"It really is a beautiful blanket, isn't it?" She forced. I didn't reply, so she didn't try again. We just sat in silence until Healer Fuchs came back with Gilderoy.