Beauty is a Lot of Work

"And why is this nessisary?" I asked Narcissa as she rubbed hot wav around my eyebrow with a small, wooden stick. She put the stick down and put a strip of fabric over the eyebrow.

"I'm just trying to make you look as nice as you possibly  can for tommorrow." She replied, then grabbed the end of the strip. "Brace yourself."

"Brace myself for wh- Oh, F***!" I screamed. She held up the strip, showing me what looked to be half of my eyebrow. 

"Please watch your language, Eleannor." She pleasently asked, putting some more of that wax on my other eyebrow. I jerked away. 

"No! I'm not letting you do it again!" 

"But I have to. If I don't, then your eyebrows will be uneven." She jabbed with the wax again, but, like before, I moved. 

"I don't care! That hurts!"

"I have to. Look." She reached beside the strips and pulled up a hand mirror. I looked in it: Sure enough, once of my eyebrows were slim and,I dare say, sexy, while the other one looked bushy in comparision. It would look stupid if she didn't do the same to the other one. I had no choice but to suck it up and let her. 

"Okay, fine." I crossed my arms. She smiled and put the wax on. I squeezed my eyes shut.

"You have to calm down. Quit squishing your eyes together. The skin has to be smooth." She instructed. I losed my eyelids and felt the strip being laid on my eyebrows. A moment later, she ripped it off.

"S***!" Tears began streaming down my face. Why did this even exsist? It was too painful. We should have used this when Snatching. It was one of the most painful thing I had ever experienced. 

"There we go. That looks much better." She held up the mirror again. She was right, except for where the hair had been ripped out was now bright red. It also stung. She reached over and grabbed a small jar from her vanity. Then, she opened it and put the white lotion on the red skin. It imediatly started to cool. "Now I can do your nails."

"My nails? Who's going to see my nails?"

"Well, everyone who comes to teh wedding, of course."

"They aren't going to look at my nails.. They'll be looking at my greasy hair, or my big nose. Not my nails."

"Now, Elle. You know very well that your hair isn't greasy and your nose most definally isn't big." 

"Narcissa, I don't want my nails done. I don't want my hair fixed. I just want to get married."

"Well, look at it this way: I have planned with wedding, I have bought you everything for this wedding, the least you can do is let me make you look nice." 

"Fine." I rolled my eyes. As much as I hated to admit it, she was right. 

"We can eat lunch first, though, if you would like."

"Yeah. I think I would like that." I replied. Anything that could put off the further tourture. She cleared her throat.

"Gumby!" 

"Yes, Female Master?" The elf popped up. 

"Make Elle and I some soup. Maker her a peanut butter sandwich as well. And bring her an apple." Narcissa spoke to the else without looking at him. Instead, she was pushing some hair out of my face.

"Yes, Female Master! Gumby is most happy to do that!"  Gumby smiled, then Disapparated.

"Will you let me wash your hair tommorrow morning?" She asked, running her hands through it. I bit my lip.