Chapter 7

Chapter seven. The ocean eyed God.

Gabriella's Pov.

I turned around.

The first thing I noticed were his ocean blue eyes. I was taken back by the power they held in them.

He had eyes that could hypnotize a person with their beauty, pulling you into its depths. The scrutinizing look in his eyes could murder a person with cold blood. It felt like they would be the death of me. 

His face was rough. But at the same time it looked sculpted. Like every feature was meant to be there.

His cheekbones were sharp enough for me to wonder whether I would cut myself with them. His dark eyebrows complementing his bright eyes, leaving me awe-struck. His short dark brown hair looked effortlessly styled.

This wasn't how i had imagined him. I didn't know what i expected but it wasn't this for sure. The aura surrounding him made me feel nervous.

I let my eyes wonded dosn to his body. Oh, his body. He was a tall man. Definitely not less than six feet. His shoulders were broad. His chest was hard and he was well built.

His eyes showed some unknown expression as he shamelessly stared at me. His eyes flickered all over my body yet he didn't stare for too long.

His face was emotionless. Cold and murderous.

He was unmoving, creating a fearful aura around him. Just when i wanted to shit uncomfortably under his gaze, his lips twitched, curling into a smirk.

He looked satisfied.

He took a couple of steps towards me, making my breath get stuck in my thriat ans then he stopped when we were almost touching.

Being this close to him made me uncomfortable. I tried to step back, but he quickly gripped my arm making me collide with his hard chest.

I took a deep breath. Not expecting this sudden turn of events. Our height difference made it easier for him to look down at me.

My heart did a backflip.

I could feel my head touching his shoulders, maiking it harder for me to concentrate. I hang my head lower as I breathed In the scent of his cologne.

The masculine scent he had was driving me wild.

Finally, i looked up to meet his smirk full face looking directly at me. What an arrogant jerk.

I tried snatching my arm away but it made almost no difference. Somehow all my speaking abilities were gone.i was tongue tied. All of my experience with men were down the drain.

''Let go of me" I finally spoke up, breaking the heavy silence in the room.

"You don't get to tell me what to do, love." His deep, chocolate filled voice spoke for the first time.

My stomach clenched as I heard his voice. You could feel the power radiating off him just from one sentence.

"I-" I breathed out, feeling angry at myself for sounding so weak.

"Don't call me that" I contained my nervousness.

"We both know you like it"

I scoffed at his arrogance, making something flash in his eyes.

"I told you to let me go. You're  hurting me" I exclaimed, losing my patience.

He didn't release me like I expected him to. Instead, he chuckled at my anger.

"Rule number one, Princess. Don't you ever lie to me. I hate liars." He whispered.

"I am not lying" I answered calmly.

"Another Lie" 

The nerve of this man. Who did he think he was? He had no damn right to accuse me of being a liar.

Oh, maybe he was, Christofer Luca Santobello. The most fearful person on earth. The Italian Mafia boss. My father's rival.

Finally, I snatched my arm away. He let me. I rubbed my arm and looked into his beautiful face.

"Mr. Santobello" I acknowledged.

"Why don't we get to the point already? I am sure you didn't send your men after me so we could drink tea" I folded my arms. Finally, I was getting my confidence back.

He said nothing. He took a step back and cleared his throat.

"Why am I not somewhere in the basement tied up on a chair and being tortured for what I did? Do you underestimate me?'' I questioned.

"Princess. I think you overestimate yourself. But the answer to your question is, no. The answer is simple. I am convinced that you are not delusional to try and run away from me. You know the consequences don't you?"

"Although" He pursed his lips.

"If you want then we can continue this conversation in the basement. I wouldn't recommend it though. No one gets out of there alive" His voice was promising. I knew what he was capable of. And I was afraid.

"What is your name"

My eyes widened at his question. Surely I couldn't tell him my real name, could I? I had no other chance.

"I don't like repeating myself. Hesitate for another moment and I'll blow your brains out" He promised.

"Gabby" I splattered in fear.

"I asked you to tell me your name, sweetheart. And you are telling me a pet name?" His tone was dangerous.

"Gabriella" I whispered.

"My name is, Gabriella"

His lips curled into a smirk.

"Gabriella," He said as if testing my name. The sound of my name on his lips made me shudder. It sounded so elegant coming from him. I liked it.

"Full name" He ordered.

I was about to sputter out my real last name when my father's words stopped me. He had asked me to run. I was on the run with my family. I couldn't ever let him know my real name. He would kill me in a heartbeat. I didn't want to die. I couldn't. And so I lied.

"Gabriella Marie Moretti"