Chapter 109

A very big thank you to June_Fourteenth
You helped me a lot with getting my thoughts together and gave me the confidence to write this chapter.

I know, I KNOW I was gone for so long that all of you thought I have ditched you. Honestly, I would like to sit down and give you a list of personal problems, explaining my absence but for once I'm not gonna do that.
All I can say is school was hard but now I'm here with a chapter. 

This chapter is going to be short. It is mainly going to be a small demonstration of what's going through Gabby's head. I promise that I will upload a new chapter in the upcoming two days.  

So just enjoy!
Love you!!!

                                ***

Gabriella's POV

It was strange.

It felt strange to stare at the faces of all these people. People that stared at me with hopeful expressions as though they were expecting a miracle to happen.

People that stared at me with tears in their eyes.

It was strange. All of it.

But nonetheless, all these people remained nothing but blank faces I didn't recognize. All but one.

The man with the blue eyes.

The man whose name was Chris.

Everything was a blur and nothing really mattered until Chris, the only person I recognized winced away from me and clutched his rib in pain.

"Chris!" The girl from the corner exclaimed in worry. I turned to look at her. Her brown hair was messily sprawled across her shoulders and her very familiar-looking blue eyes were filled with tears.

I didn't recognize her. Nor did I recognize the handsome blue-eyed boy that was holding her in his arms.

"Don't start" Chris hissed, surprising me with the anger in his voice. 

I didn't want them to be here. 

I turned back to look at Chris. My eyes dropped on his fingers that were clutching his chest and I got this feeling of discomfort that I couldn't explain.

"You're hurt" I murmured, disliking to see him in pain. 

At my words, his blue eyes widened, making me admire the color even more. It looked like the ocean. 

"Nothing I can't handle" He muttered nonchalantly. 

I frowned the words giving me a sense of Deja Vu. I moved my hand down to his bandaged rib,  wanting to ask him what happened. I stopped myself, feeling stranger than before.  My eyes caught the black ink on his other rib and I grew curious.  

Without even realizing my fingers started to trail the blurry words that were written there. 

I felt the man freeze under my touch. 

"I still have it" He whispered, looking me in the eyes. I frowned, wondering whether he was talking to me. 

Still had what? 

"It's a reminder of one of the craziest nights of my life" He continued as if reminding me of an event I was present at. 

"The night where you forced me to play with you. The night where we ran away from the cops together" He chuckled, an unknown emotion taking over his eyes. 

The night I forced him to play with me? 

"Remember how you got on that motorcycle?" 

No, I don't remember. 

"You remember right?" He asked nervously. 

"You remember right?"  The words echoed in my head, giving me a headache. 

"Don't start something you can't finish" His voice warned me. 

"Bring it on" A distant voice of a girl exclaimed. 

I looked around trying to find anything that would help me reach him. My eyes roamed around until I spotted the very thing I needed. Parking full of motorcycles. 

 It almost looked like a movie unfolding in front of me. And it was painfull. Too painful for me to continue watching. I didn't want to know what happened next. I wanted to be in the darkness again. Without the light of his blue eyes. I wanted to be alone. 

I didn't know the history we had. Didn't know why I was here or who he was. I didn't know who all these people staring at me were. I wanted nothing to do with the blue-eyed girl or the boy next to her. 

I didn't want to stare at the handsome man again. 

I let my hand drop. 

I turned my head away, avoiding looking in his eyes.  I didn't want to see him. I didn't want to see them. 

"I" His voice turned into a blur and I closed my eyes. 

He made me feel something. He wanted me to remember and that was the exact opposite of what I wanted. I wanted to feel nothing. Remember nothing. 

I wanted to be dead.