Chapter 77

ANOTHER GIFT.
I am out of the city right now and have free time until I get back home.
So I thought why the hell not?
My exam is tomorrow and I am just too evil because this chapter is something that will make all of you...die😏
Love you!
Enjoy!!!

*****

I looked at my feet as I took a deep breath. It has been two hours and still no answers. I knew that doctor, bitch was actually working on the results this time. I was sitting next to the laboratory doors, checking her every once in a while.

I knew that they have transferred Chris to his room. I told Ruby to make sure he was alright and in no pain. I didn't go to see him yet. I was waiting for the diagnosis. I didn't want to go empty-handed.

The door opened as Dr. Williams stepped out. Immediately I stood up, walking towards her.

"What is it?" I asked her immediately. I felt my legs weaken as I tried to keep my tone straight. She looked at me with a nervous chuckle.

"It's pneumonia. It appears it hasn't been treated therefore it lead to complications and hemoptysis. It's pretty dangerous if not treated. Your husband is lucky that he got here before it turned into something worse" She explained. I felt my legs weaken at her words. I felt a lot of relief and fear at the same time.

"Will you explain more?" I asked her, causing her to sigh.

"There are two types of pneumonia," She said.

"Viral and bacterial," I said, causing her to nod.

"Now, viral pneumonia goes away on its own. Bacterial pneumonia, on the other hand, can make a person a lot sicker. Bacterial pneumonia that is left untreated can cause a lot of complications. Such as blood infections which Mr. Santobello does not have. But there is another issue" She voiced. I felt the air leave my lungs and I tried to calm myself down. I needed to be strong.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"Pneumonia has been left untreated. I doubt that Mr. Santobello understands how serious the situation is. The germs that cause pneumonia had reached his lungs. The air sacs which are called alveoli's became inflamed" She muttered. I knew what was going to come next and I closed my eyes in fear of what's to come. I took a deep breath.

"The inflammation of the air sacs caused fluid in the lungs, Mrs. " She said, confirming my thoughts. I felt my legs weaken as I ran a hand through my hair.

"He has fluid in the lungs too? Isn't that very dangerous?" I asked her. She nodded.

"What we are dealing with is a complication of pneumonia. Hemoptysis and also fluid in the lungs. If the inflammation spreads through his body I'm afraid it can actually cause death" She said, making my stomach drop. I felt all the noise disappear as for a moment I felt like I was going to pass out.

"Death?" I asked her calmly. Even though calmness was the last thing I felt.

"I'm only saying what it can lead to if left untreated. Your husband needs to be hospitalized. He will consume the right amount of antibiotics for pneumonia. He might have shortness of breath and it might be hard to talk much. Breathing might be painful that is also a fact."

"The hemoptysis is luckily new. He had not coughed up blood before. We were lucky it hasn't gone too far or it would demand a surgical interference. For now, it'll be dealt with its medication. The rest will also be taken care of. If the situation gets out of hand then he will be put on a mechanical breathing machine to support his breathing while other measures are being taken" She explained everything, making me nod.