Chapter 21

"Gabriella dear what has been bothering you?" Maria's voice snapped me out of my daze. I turned to look into her  kind face. 

"It's nothing" I answered turning back toward's the lake.

"I know there is something  is it the young lad Dino?" She asked. I looked at her with great shock surprised by her words. 

"How...How'd you know?" I asked her. She looked at me with a knowing smile that made me instantly turn away. 

"I see the way you look at the boy dear".

"It doesn't matter, he likes another girl" I brushed it off. 

It was true Dino was head over heels In love with Amanda. He talked about her all the time, and blabbered about her beauty. She was the dream woman for him, she made him forget about everything and everyone. She was the woman because of whom Dino forgot about me, she was the woman because of whom Dino abandoned me. 

She made the overconfident guy stutter and blush. She made his heart beat faster and palms sweat. He talked about her to me all the time. About how happy and in love he was with her. He never realized how much he hurt me by saying that. But I couldn't blame him, he was in love with her, he couldn't control his emotion's just like I couldn't  control mine either. He didn't know how I felt, It wasn't his fault.

"You must learn to let go"Maria said. 

"Let go of what?" 

"You care about  boy, but he loves another. You are hurting because you cannot let go of him. You cannot let go of the fact that he chose another. Instead of holding into him you should let him go and find the right one for you."

"I do not just care about him, I am In love with him!" I stated angrily. 

"You do not love the him. You are In love with the idea of being In love. You care about him, you may be attracted to him, but you for sure are not In love with him. You do not know what love is"

"I do not know what love is? Then what is love?" I exclaimed. 

She simply smiled at me and shook her head.

"Love" she said the word dreamily as if she was remembering something.

"Love is when you look at the person and see the rest of your life with them  in your eyes. Love is when you feel nervous whenever you are near the person, when your stomach drops and your legs get weak. Love is when you know they are there without seeing them. When your heart starts beating ten times faster than before. Love is when you are ready for anything and everything for them. When something you once thought was foolish will become sacred if they say so. Love is when you can't imagine yourself without them, when you cannot breath without them. Love is when you see yourself grow old with them Gabriella"

I sat silently my breath caught in my throat.

"Do you feel that sweetie?  Do you see yourself grow old with him?" she questioned me.

I closed my eyes and tried to imagine me and Dino grow old together. I tried to see him with white hair with me by his side. I tried to see us playing with our grandchildren together. I tried to imagine us happy together but couldn't. Instead I saw him with another woman, just like a saw myself with another man.

I opened my eyes and looked into Maria's face. She once more looked at me with a knowing smile. But I was sure I loved him. What else could this feeling be?.

And so I ignored what Maria told me.

It was three days later when I again saw Dino, and to be honest I was surprised about the state he was In.

"Dino? What are you doing here?" I send him a hushed whisper as I opened the door for him to enter.

He showed up in my room at three o'clock at night. I looked around hoping that nobody saw him or else I would get In big trouble.

He stumbled into my room and threw  himself to my bed.

"I missed you" came his muffled reply.

I looked the door and walked towards him. I sat on the bed right next to him.

He sat up the second I touched his shoulder.

"I haven't seen you in like forever" He said empathizing on the word forever. I raised an eyebrow at his stranger behavior.

He sprung his arms around my shoulders and hugged me tightly.

"You smell so good" He muttered slowly. My eyes widened in realisation and I pushed him off me.

"Your drunk" I stated angrily.

"Just a little bit" He smiled at me. I didn't like the state he was in right now. Since when did he get drunk like this? He was never a fan of drinking.

"What happened Dino? What's wrong?"  I questioned him.

His face darkened as if he was remembering something horrible. He looked into my eyes.

"I fought with her" He said simply. My eyes widened at his statement. He fought with Amanda so he decided to get drunk?. I hated the effect the girl had on him already and now this?.

"What was the reason?"  I asked softly.

"Doesn't matter" He muttered coming towards me. I looked into his face which was now closer than before.

He isn't sober I reminded myself. He doesn't know what he's doing.

"All that matters is you" He whispered into my ear making my eyes widen even more.

"I have always had a soft spot for you"

No Gabriella!  Don't let him get into your head. He's just wasted. He isn't sober. He doesn't know what he's saying.

"Dino you should go home"

"I have always thought you are pretty for your age" He continued.

Did he really think so? Or was this just the influence of the alcohol?

"You are my best friend Gabby. But I think you are beautiful" He put a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Dino you..you are drunk" I whispered slowly.

"I know, but you aren't" He muttered and kissed my cheek.

I gasped at his sudden action. What was he doing?. Gabriella he is drunk and you know it. You know how much he loves her. He is just trying to forget about the fight. You shouldn't let yourself fall for this. You are smarter than this!

But was I smarter that this? Was I ready to ignore the little kiss he gave me?  Was I ready to forget about it and never bring it up ? Was I ready to ignore the things he just told me and move one? The answer was no.

"For a fifteen year old you sure are good looking" He send another kiss my way.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Please stop this. Why was he doing this?

I quickly got up from the bed and tried to get away from him. But he was quick. He took a hold of my hand  pulled me back making me collide with his chest.

I wanted to say something but the words dried down In my throat when he pressed his lips on mine.