Chapter 61

My eyes widened the second he burst into laughter. I couldn't believe that he was actually laughing. like a funny sound coming out of his mouth. His laugh was so enchanting that I was actually surprised. My eyebrows furrowed and I gawked at him.

"W-What?" I asked confused.

"I would never think you'd have the guts to do this," He said after he calmed himself down. I folded my arms across my chest, the little moment of shock completely leaving me. He was underestimating me.

"Then again. You can never predict a woman's mind" He shook his head and I smirked.

"Not any woman's, Christofer. You can never predict my mind" My tone was seductive. He chuckled at my words and there seemed to be an inside joke going on in his head. I paid no mind to that as I looked around us. I wanted to make sure that we actually did get away from the cops.

"Don't worry. They lost us" He reassured me. I nodded after making sure myself. There was no sound of the police cars. We were really lucky. The sudden memory of him stealing my ice cream made me angry all over again. All of a sudden I stormed towards Christofer was still taking deep breaths to calm his beating heart down.

"YOU!" I hissed as I pointed my finger at his chest. His eyes widened at my sudden outburst.

"What in hell possessed you to take MY Ice cream?" I accused. The devilish smirk was back on his face. He looked like he didn't regret it at all. Hell. He probably didn't.

"I wanted to eat yours" He shrugged like it's no big deal.

"Oh, so it just gave you the damn right to take it?" I exclaimed.

"Don't forget who you're talking to, Princess. I suggest you watch your tone" His voice had a dangerous edge to it. I knew I couldn't mess with him. But I also knew that he wouldn't do anything.

"Or what?" I tested my luck.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked him. A dangerous smirk crossed his face as he brought his mouth towards my ear. My body shivered as his breath was hot in my ear. His soft lips moved across my skin making goosebumps appear all over my body. I closed my eyes. I felt him stop.

I opened my eyes to see him smiling. That damn bastard thought he was playing a game!

"Many things" He answered my question as he pulled away from me. I took a deep breath as I shook my head.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night" I chuckled as I regained my speaking abilities. He rolled his eyes and looked like he bit his tongue in order to stop another smart-ass remark. Wise decision.

"Come on, let's go," He said after inspecting my face. I nodded as I followed him. I had no idea how we were supposed to get past the cops. The car was pretty close to the ice cream store. Which meant they could still be there.

"Walk in front of me" He snapped.

"Why?" I asked him, confused. He rolled his eyes like it was obvious as hell.

"Because I don't want to look back every damn second to make sure you're still walking after me" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.

"Why? Afraid I'll run away?" I asked him. He scoffed at my remark.

"No, you have no place to go. Plus Victor's men are still after you. If at least one of his rats sees you then your dead" He shrugged like it meant nothing to him. I huffed as I walked in front of him like he asked me to. Instead, I began to turn back every second to see where we're headed to. He took a deep annoyed breath. He quickened his speed as he harshly took my wrist into his palm and began to drag me like some spoilt whiny child.