Chapter 91

"He needs to be taught a lesson. And the best way to learn is to lose"

And with that he aimed the gun at the man and without a second thought shot straight at his heart, killing him in a heartbeat. 

At that second everything stopped. I felt my stomach drop as the memories swirled in my mind.

''Sir...'' I heard a voice ask from the corner of the room.

Dino looked back angrily as he took out his gun and shot the man between the eyes making his lifeless body fall to the floor.

The only difference was that this time I did not scream. I couldn't move or make a sound. I just stood there limply. Everything went silent and the only thing I could hear was our harsh breathing. His hand was still wrapped around my chest, tightened around my neck. Slowly he loosened his hand, freeing me from his death hold. He stepped away from me. 

I stumbled on my feet as I took a step back from him. I stared at his bloodied chest raising up and down. His head turned away from me. Then my eyes landed on the dead man on the ground. I felt my stomach turn in horror. I wondered how none of the nurses weren't here yet.

Christofer killed a man. He killed him in cold sweat. He laughed as he pulled the trigger. He felt no remorse at all. He didn't feel any sadness. Regret. He just murdered him. If not for the gun he would have killed him with his bare hands. The thought terrified me.  

I knew that he was a murderer. So were Felix and Vincent. But I could never imagine seeing the man I cared so deeply for murder a man like this. 

Just like Dino. 

I shook my head in terror as I tried to shake the image off my mind. He wasn't like Dino. He was a better man than Dino could ever be. But then why was my heart thumping in such a way? Why was my brain telling me to run? To run before I too get murdered like this. 

My bloody fingers started to shake as I glanced at the gun in his hands. The gun he aimed at me seconds ago. The gun he could kill me with. This was the monster everyone warned me about. This was Christofer Luca Santobello. The ruthless, merciless and inhumanly brutal Mafia boss.

He wasn't my Chris. He wasn't the man I grew to care about. 

"Gabriella," He said, breaking me out of my trance. He wiped his bloodied nose with his elbow as his eyes landed on me. His face softened once he saw the terror on my face. He took a step towards me, making me take one back. 

"Don't come close to me" I whispered shakily. He frowned not understanding why I was acting this way. He took another step towards me, making my eyes fill with tears. 

"Don't touch me" I exclaimed taking another step back. He stiffened, his eyes widening in realization. My chest moved up and down as I tried to calm myself down. 

"Gabby" He whispered as he realized what was going on. He dropped the gun from his hands as he slowly raised his hands up in surrender. I flinched, making his jaw clench. 

"Fuck" He swore. 

"Gabby look at me" He ordered, making me shake my head. 

He was a murderer. A cold-blooded murderer. 

"Fuck. Please look at me!" He exclaimed as he took another step towards me. I brought my eyes up, staring at his handsome face. I held my breath, afraid of him touching me. He came close to me as his fingers went up to my cheek. I flinched in both fear and pain. 

I shook against his touch, making him clench his jaw in anger. 

"I'm sorry" He whispered, bringing my chin up, making me look at him. 

"No!" I exclaimed, pushing his hands away. 

"You're not sorry! You're a murderer!" I shouted, making his eyes widen. 

"I am" He nodded. 

"I'm not sorry for killing the bastard. I'm sorry you had to see it" He said. 

"Don't you feel any regret? Any pain whatsoever? You didn't have to kill him! You could have shot him in the leg or something! You didn't have to murder him!" My voice broke. 

"He was going to take you!" He exclaimed, placing his bloodied hands on my shoulders. 

"We could have kept him hostage! We'd make him talk!" I exclaimed as the tears blinded my vision. 

"How could you kill him like that? How?" I cried, making him look away. 

"It's kill or get killed. We don't play" He said angrily. 

"Kill or get killed" Dino's words swirled in my mind, making me cover my mouth. 

"You're just like him" I whispered, taking a step back.

"Just like who?" Chris asked, his fists clenching. 

"Just like him. You're the same. Cold blooded murderers" I said without thinking. 

"Why does every man I fucking care about have love towards killing! Why is every man I like a fucking monster?!" I shouted, surprising him. 

"Calm down" He ordered, making me glare at him. I marched towards him, pointing my finger to his bloodied chest. 

"What are we going to do now? How could you fucking do this? How could you murder a person like this? How can you just stand here so calm like nothing fucking happened? How-" 

"I FUCKING KILLED HIM FOR YOU!" He shouted silencing me. I felt the words dry down in my throat. He killed that man for me. He committed this horrible crime for me. I covered my mouth with my hands, trying to breathe. I pulled out the piece of glass stuck in my hand, making the blood pour out. His eyes widened. 

"You killed him for me" I whispered. 

"Why?" I asked him quietly. 

"Fuck it" He muttered without answering my question. He took a step forward as he held my face in his hand and pressed his lips to mine. I felt my insides clench as my legs shook in surprise. He aggressively kissed me, taking my breath away. 

That's when he stumbled on his feet, taking a step back. I noticed how pale he actually looked. He looked like he was struggling to breathe and I gasped, recognizing the symptoms. 

"Chris take a deep breath" I exclaimed, making him shake his head. 

"Fuck" He swore as I got my hands on his shoulders, holding him. 

"I can't fucking breathe" He managed to breathe out, making my eyes widen. That very second the door started to bang. I looked at the door, panicking. What could I do?

"Gabriella it's Felix! Open the door!" Felix shouted, making me breathe out. 

"I can't! Felix, please do something!" I exclaimed as I slid down to the floor. Chris fell to his knees, making my eyes widen in fear. I put his head on my lap as he continued to struggle. 

"Fuck, Chris you're gonna be okay! You're gonna be okay" I promised as I started to caress his hair. The door burst open as Felix and Vincent ran in. He brought his hand up and I wrapped his fingers around mine. 

"I'll be okay" He managed to say. Then his ocean eyes rolled back as his hand fell limply.