Chapter 83

I tried to blink my eyes open. My eyelids felt heavy. I looked around myself as I felt a heavy headache building up. I groaned in pain and tried to get my head into my hands.

A pinching feeling made me frown. I looked at my hands and felt very surprised when I saw the IV's attached to my veins.

What the hell happened to me?

I looked around myself and felt my nerves relaxing the second I saw Chris on the bed next to mine. The room was completely dark, meaning it was night. Christofer was motionless. His skin was pale, bags under his beautiful eyes. He looked even more sick than the last time I saw him.

"Chris" I whispered lightly. My voice was pretty worn out and I felt my chest hurt the second I spoke. He did not answer so I slid my head back to the pillow. My body was burning up. I felt as though every molecul in my body was set on fire. I tried to take deep breaths but my mind began to get foggy.

I could see Antonio's cruel smile as he held my wrists in one hand and began to laugh at my fear. A note of hysteria began to find its way into my stomach as I felt myself getting paralyzed.

"No. No" I struggled as I felt the sweat rolling of my forehead. I began to cough and I felt my chest burn from the pain.

His sadiatic smile didn't leave me and I found myself struggling harder.

"No one will here ya" His words chanted in my head. His fingers moved towards my pants and I felt the heavy tears rolling off my eyes.

"LET ME GO!" I exclaimed in fear. I continued to cough in pain.

"Gabriella?" I heard a familiar voice.

"No. No. Let me go, Antonio. Please, let me go!" I cried in fear as I felt the sweat cover my body. His laugh rang in my ears and I found myself tearing my IV's and jumping off the bed.

"Fuck" The voice which belonged to Chris swore. I took a few steps back from the bed as I tried to calm my breathing down.

"No! Don't touch me. I'm sorry. I'll do anything!" I shouted as I covered my hips in fear of him taking my pants off.

"Gabriella look at me!" Christofer's voice came from next to me. I shook my head as I kept begging Antonio to stop.

"Fucking look at me!" He swore. I felt cold fingers wrap around my chin, making me look into a pair of ocean eyes.

"It's me, princess. He isn't here. You're okay" He said as he made me look him in the eyes. At his words I found myself breathing out. I looked around myself. The image of Antonio was no longer here. He was gone.

"Oh" I breathed out in shock. Chris took his hands off my face as he began to cough. That's when I felt sharp pain all over my veins. I looked at my hand and frowned when I saw the cuts from all the torn IV's.

"Fuck. What did you do?" Chris muttered to himself as he made me stand up. He got his hands ready in a position to carry me but I stopped him.

"I can walk" I muttered. I knew he would protest but I shook my head. He was far too sick to carry me around. He had to get in bed just as much as I did.

"No. I said I'll-"

"I can walk" I said again, cutting him off. He glared at me. Nonetheless, he pulled one arm around my shoulder as he made me lean on him. He walked me back to my bed and gently helped me lay down.

"Thanks" I muttered as I began to cough heavily. He clenched his jaw, looking away from me.

"This is my damn fault. If only I didn't-"

"If only you didn't kiss me?" I questioned, making him close his mouth.

"Well, I knew you were sick. So It wasn't exactly your fault" I said through a cough.

"Lay down, Chris" I said with a heavy breath. He stepped towards his bed as he pressed the red button on the wall. The button signaled that we needed a nurse. He sat down as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Is everything alright?" One of the nurses said as she ran inside.

"No. She needs her IV's reput. She accidentally tore it" Chris said as he leaned on his bed. The nurse shook her head as she walked towards me.

"Is is possible for her to have hallucinations?" Chris asked the nurse as she began to inject me. She checked my fever and frowned.

"In alcohol poisoning it is quite normal to have hallucinations. There's nothing to worry about. It'll pass in a few hours" She said as she put everything on place. She turned to look at Chris and shook her head when she saw him leaning on the bed instead of laying down.

"I told him to lay down" I said coughing. The nurse gave me a small smile.

"You should have listened to your wife" The nurse scolded him, making my cheeks redden in emberassment.

"I guess so" He said as he lay down.

"Next time I see you out of your bed you will be sent to the ER. You're taking your condition lightly, young man. Did you forget how tonight you couuldn't breath and we had to clear out the liquid from your lungs? I bet your wife didn't know about that" She said angrily, making my eyes widen.

"I'm feeling-"

"No need to pretend in front of her, honey. The pain caused from fluid in the lungs and it's clearing is horrible. You need to rest until we bring your medication in the morning" She said as she left the room.

"Why didn't you tell me you were feeling bad? I-" I started to talk when he cut me off.

"Are you alright? What the fuck did you see?" He exclaimed, making me look away.

"Chris, please don't make me talk about it" I muttered quietly. He said nothing.

"I wanted to say that what Isabella told you wasn't fucking true" He said after a few minutes of silence. The reminder made me frown as I tried to forget her words.

"You don't have to cover for her. I know what she meant" I said.

"No. You don't, Gabriella. Belive me she loves you more than she shows. And you know how much she cares about you" He said, making me scoff.

"Okay, let's say she does care about me. It's not gonna change the fact that I'm not a part of your family. She was right" I muttered.

"No she fucking wasn't" He raised his voice, making me flinch. I looked at him.

"She said shit without thinking about it. And if she kept her damn mouth shut you wouldn't have been in this damn situatuon" He exclaimed angrily.

"Chris-"

"No. Don't Chris me, Gabby. She always talks without thinking. You are my damn wing woman. One of the biggest parts of the Mafia. Mafia is our family. You are in the fucking family" He said, making me gasp.

"You sound angry that she said that. I thought you didn't care about me" I said quietly.

"If I didn't fucking care I wouldn't be laying down in this damn bed like a vegetable with you by my side. And surely I wouldn't have been in a fight with my sister" He said.

"Chris-"

"Goodnight, Gabriella" He said as he turned away from me.