Chapter 65

It looked like a palace. The style was almost unreal to explain. The chandeliers looked to be Christal. The biggest stage for the dancers and a separate dancefloor. Expensive couches scattered all around the territory. My eyes were wide. Vincent led us forward.  We stopped in front of four men. 

Without any other words, they opened the door that was leading towards the VIP part. If I thought the club was magnificent then they were no words to describe how this part looked like. Eye-catching lights all around the big room. Black expensive leather couches facing the royal stage. The bar filled with thousands of drinks and waiters all around. The stage was still empty. It seemed like we were the ones to start. 

"The men will be here in a few minutes maximum. Just do your thing" He told us. Isabella and I went towards the bar as we sat on the stools.

"A whiskey please" I ordered. 

"A margarita," Isabella said. The barman smiled at us as he began to prepare our drinks. 

"We can do this" Isabella assured both of us. I nodded even though I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Tha bar. The dress. It all reminded me of my past.

The way Victor and his men would beat us if we wouldn't obey. The way we were forced to dance in such ways for hungry looking disgusting man. The way they would treat us. All of them. Like we were dirt.

It made me want to turn around and run away. But I wasn't a coward. This was my job. It had to be done. Done for Christofer.

"I know," I told her.

The remainder of what we shared with Christofer made a small blush raise up to my cheeks. But I covered it by waving my hand around as If I felt hot.

All of the talking. The tattoos. The after midnight ice cream. The cop chase after stealing motorcycles. And finally the swim under the stars. All of that brought butterflies in my stomach and it was hard to keep my smile off my face as I remembered it all. Very hard.

My stomach twisted at the thought of him not being here for a few days. He had gone two days ago early in the morning. Yesterday I was occupied with preparations. I spent my whole day teaching her what had to be done and picking our best look.

Yet It still didn't help to keep the nightmares away. Instantly I thought that if Christofer was next to me I would sleep well. But why was I feeling this way? I knew that deep down I wanted him back. That deep down I missed his arrogant persona.

He would be back tomorrow night. And I had hopes of seeing him the day after that.

"The whiskey for the stunning lady" The bartender passed me my drink and turned to look at Isabella.

"And one margarita for the other stunner" He flashed her a smile. We smiled back and turned back to our conversation.

"You think they'll show up?" She asked and I nodded.

"They have to," I said as I took a sip letting the liquid burn my throat. Isabella nodded in agreement while taking a sip of her own drink. I stared at my black heels and knew that this was going to be a long night.

"It's time. Let's go" Isabella said after a few minutes as she checked her phone. Vincent must have sent her the 'go' message. I nodded as we got off the stools. The familiar enchanting melody played from the stage and I knew it was my go. Isabella had seen the man already. My job was to entertain the guests for a while until the man I was supposed to work with came.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" She asked me hesitantly. I nodded with a small smile. She gave me one last reassuring smile as she walked towards the man. From the way she walked, swaying her hips I knew she had it under control.