Chapter 39

I feelt tired. My body wouldn't force itself to move. My muscules were aching. Sleep had taken me to it's emberace. And now it was letting me go. With that I opened my eyes.

My vision was disorianted. The bright sunlight blurred my eyes. I closed them right back and tried to loose myself in sleep again.

My thought immediately went to Christofer. I opened my eyes in panic. I looked around the empty room. He was no where in sight. Where was he? Why did he leave?

Gabriella, did you really think that he would stay with you forever? He doesn't care.

I was trying to reason with myself. Why would he stay with me. This was just a game for him right? My mind was racing. I was trying to fight my brain in order to find an aswer that satisfied me.

Deep inside I knew that everything that happened yesterday was only a game. He was a smart man. He knew how to get in my head. He stayed with me. Listened. And calmed me down when I needed it. He knew exactly what he was doing.

But there was something inside of me that told me this wasn't a game for him. Something about the look in his eyes. The way he hugged me and the things he said.

This seemed too much to be an act. Maybe he wasn't acting. Maybe this time he was being real. Maybe he was being himself.

I wanted to believe this was real because I wanted to know that someone actually did care for me. The possibility of seeing my family again were unknown to me. There was almost no chance. And I needed someone to make me feel better. I needed it.

The first time in my life. I didn't act with him. I didn't want to act. I simply didn't have the power. I was being real with him. I let my weakness take over. And I let him see it. I made one of the biggest mistakes in my life. Now, he knew about my nightmares. He knew how I get. He knew that I was weak.

But I wouldn't get weak. I would show him. I would show everyone that I wasn't this weak. That I could fight. And this incident had meant nothing to me. I would.

But who was I lying to? Christofer was acting. How could a man like him. A murderer. A monster ever care. How could he think about someone else but himself. He  was doing this to win. Because he never lost. He ought to make me fall in love with him.

I began to shake my head. Christofer did care. He cared about Isabella. And little Enzo. And finally he cared about his Mafia.

That made him human even though he would never admit it to himself. A soft knock on my door made me wake up from my daze. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Come in" I voiced.

The door opened. Felix peeked out and sighed in relief when he saw me. He ran to my side and sat down next to me.

"Thank God. I was beggining to think you would sleep forever." Felix smiled at me.

"How long did I sleep?"

"Well it's 11PM" Felix smiled sheepishly.

"Hey. You scared me. I didn't sleep that long" I kicked his arm. His face streched into a full smile.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me.

"I'm feeling better" I answered thruthfully. I was indeed feeling better compared to yesterday. The memory of yesterday brought shivers down my spine.

"I'm glad. You don't believe how much you scared us. I thought you'd die." He frowned.

"Us?" I qustioned.

"Yeah. Christofer drove all the way from Rome. He was worried about you." Felix explained.

"Felix, that's not even funny. Christofer does not get worried. And defienetly not for me" I chuckled.

"Gab, you didn't see him the way I did. You were hallucinating. He would call me every hour to check how you are. And when you fell asleep he stayed with you. He made us all leave and actually stayed the night with you. He never does that" Felix smirked.

"Where is he now?" I suddenly asked.

"He had some business to do. He had to leave." Felix said. Dissapointment settled inside of me.

"Missing him already?" Felix smirked at my face.

"No, I just wanted to thank him for staying with me yesterday. " I was quick to answer.

"Whatever floats your boat" Felix chuckled. I rolled my eyes and tried to sit up.

"Hey, hey. What are you doing? Lay back down" Felix pushed me down. I raized my eyebrows in confusion.

"Didn't you hear what the doc said? Your fever was life threatening. You need bed rest." He exclaimed.

"I am not dying, Felix. I can't stay in bed forever" I rolled my eyes.

"No, you can't. But you will need help with everything."

"Please don't tell me you are going to get inside the bathroom with me" I exclaimed.

"No, I'm not. But Isabella will" He smiled.

"Isabella?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Isabella was all the way back in America. What was he talking about?

"You see. You needed help with taking showers and other things. And I can't exactly help you with that. But Isabella can."

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is that. We thought she won't be safe there alone. And Christofer made Vincent bring her here."

My eyes widened in surprise. Isabella was here? Spending such a small ammount of time with her still made me somehow attached to her. Christofer's sister was one hell of a girl. We had so many things in common. It was impossible to not like her.

So hearing that my one and only....friend. I could say. Was going to come made me somehow happy.

"Isabella is here? Can I see her?" I questioned. Before I could say anything else the door burst open. Isabella was standing there with a suitcase in her hand. She ran up to me.

"Gabriella!" She exclaimed.

"I leave you out of my sight for three days and you manage to get sick." She raized an eyebrow at me.

"Isabella" I chuckled.

"But don't worry. Mommy Isa is here. I'll take care of you" She winked.

"I'm glad you came" I said quietly.

"I'm glad too" She sprung her arms around me. With that the days passed. Isabella and Felix tried to make me feel as good as possible. I spent ninety percent of my days with Isabella. She made sure we had something fun to do.

We occupied ourselves with watching endless movies and Tv shows. They took care of me. And I was thanfull for having them around.

The other good news were that I didn't see Antonio since the incident. I don't know what was the reason but I was more than happy. But with the good news also came the bad news.

I haven't seen Christofer for days. Since the night he stayed with me I never saw him again. It was like he dissapeared. When I felt like I actually needed to see him he was gone.

"He's just busy, Gab." Felix told me repeatedly.

He came back from his trips days ago. But never once did he try to talk to me. He wasn't home when he had breakast. Nor was he home at dinner. I began to think he was ignoring me.

I was happy. I had people to occupy me and take care of me. I should be happy. But it felt like there was something busy. Like I wanted something I couldn't have.

I wanted to see Christofer.