Imagine for anonymous

Maddie's POV

I can't believe we have to swim today too. We have this swim unit going on and I have a love hate relationship with it. I like swimming yet I hate where they make us use kick boards or float because I have no idea how to swim. So we were divided into 2 groups, beginners, and intermediate.

My class's P.E leader is really nice though, her name is Amy.

Anyways, I'm kinda shy around the leaders, shes a junior and she just helps us out but still ya know.

While my teacher worked with the intermediate group of students, Amy worked with us.

"Grab a kick board and just go back and forth for 5 minutes" Amy said.

We all grabbed a kick board and started. Amy is really nice and funny and motivates us to do stuff even when we really don't want to. As I started with the kick board, I only walked. I didn't wanna float because if I accidentally let go then I'll go under water and it's hard to get up even if the water is only 3'6.

Amy looked at me and laughed at my antics while I continued walking beside my friend, Carrie who floated with the kick board.

"Put all the kick boards on the ledge now. We are all just gonna practice floating. Your partner can support you and remember to relax your muscles and shoulders down"

Shit!!

Nope

Not gonna do this

No way

"Hey Carrie, you go first, I'll help you" I said.

"No no. You go ahead" of course she was kinda scared too.

"I got you. Don't worry"

She started floating and I supported her back and legs. She kept it up for 10 seconds and then let go.

"Your turn" she said happily that she was finally done with it.

"Oh no I'm fine. You wanna go to the other side?" I ask

"You have to Maddie" she looked at me with "that look".

I started walking to the other side of the pool and Amy saw me.

"Maddie!" She called. I turned back to look at her and replied with "yea?"

"Did you float for 10 seconds" she asked.

"Uh yea I did" I lied confidently.

"Okay let me see it"

"But it was so hard to do it" I said

"Maddie, did you actually do it?" She laughed.

"no" I said laughing along with her.

"Here, I'll help you. Come here tho, you'll need the ledge to support you" She said. I walked towards that end again.

"No" I said smiling.

"Cmon you cant say no" she said.

"But.."

"Come on"

"Can we start the next activity already?" I asked

"Not until you float" she smirked

I was walking to the other side again when she started to follow me back too so I turned around and stubbed my foot against the ledge. It hurt so bad but I just decided to go with it anyways.

"Just one time, I promise" she said

"for 3 seconds only" I said

"Okay" she agreed