Rich Ava with doc pt 2

Louis POV

I chase after Ava as she runs down the hall to the living room.

"Ava. Love come on" I yell running after her. She finds her father in the living room and climbs on his lap and clings to him.

"Ava, what is this? What's going on Louis?" Her dad asks me

"Um well, she got scared that she'll need a shot and ran away from me" I tell him sheepishly.

"no daddy" Ava whines and clings to him even further.

"Ava, you have to listen to Louis okay? He's doing what's best for you and I need my little girl to be healthy so listen to him, he'll take care of you" He tries to coax her but she starts to cry. Big, fat tears start to roll down her cheek and they soon turn into sobs

"Hey Ava, honey. It's okay baby, Let's go to your room and we'll figure this out. I know your stomach is really hurting you right now and you crying is making it hurt even more. Calm down for me love" I coo at her like she is a little kid, which she is, and pick her from underneath her arms. She doesn't protest instead she lays her head on my shoulder and holds onto me. I carry her up to her room while rubbing her back to calm her cries.

"shh babe. It's okay. Here we go" I say and lay her down in her bed gently. 

"I'm sorry" she mumbles

"Don't worry about it. I'm really sorry honey but I still have to give you that shot. I promise it won't hurt as much as you thinking it will. Please cooperate with me?" I ask her

"Okay" She whispers hoarsely and starts coughing. She tries to hold it in so she could hide it but I pat her back and say "Let it all out"

She keeps coughing for a while and it sounds horrible. Seems like a lot of congestion.

"Does your throat feel scratchy?" I ask her getting my popsical stick and a flask light.

"Yea it hurts too" She says

"Good girl. you were finally honest with me" I chuckle, smiling at her and she gives me a small smile back. 

"Can you open very big for me? Just for like 5 seconds I promise" I question her

"No. That's what all doctors say and then it ends up being 10 seconds" she protests

"You open your mouth and then with your fingers, count to five. As soon as you reach five, I will pull the popsicle stick out and turn off the flashlight" I come up with a deal for her

"Okay. I'll count" She says not believing me when I say it's 5 seconds. I chuckle at her attitude and she opens her mouth for me. I push down on her tongue and turn on the flashlight looking at her throat quickly.

"Say aaah" I tell her

"uh uh" She mumbles with her mouth open

"I'm not gonna let you start counting until you do" I tell her with my popsicle stick on her tongue. She groans and says "aaaahhhh" for 3 seconds while counting with her fingers. As soon as she reaches 5, she pushes my hands away softly and closes her mouth.

"Good girl. Now that wasn't so bad was it?" I ask her

"no" She says looking embarrassed.

"time for the shot. Don't freak out on me love, okay?" I explain to her

"mm" She nods and I get the shot that I prepared. I wipe off her arm and start talking to her.

"do you go for your regular physical checkups?" I ask her.

"sometimes but I don't know. I get sick too much because a my parents say "I have a weak immune system"" she mumbles angrily.

"Well, we should check on that later hm?" I ask her as I insert the needle and she just looks at me and says "We don't have to"

"I have to" I say and pull the needle out after the medicine was injected.

"It could be just that you don't eat enough and are malnourished" I explain to her and she just weakly nods, probably tired.

"Are you gonna do the shot or what?" She asks nervously. 

"already done" I laugh at her and she starts to pout but then laughs along with me

"now seriously, do you eat all your meals" I ask her

"Hmm yea" She says but doesn't look me in the eye. I know she's lying so I'll just have to keep an eye on how much she eats

"You're all done sweetie. That wasn't so bad was it?" I ask her

"No. You are better than most of my past doctors" She says and smiles slightly

"Why thank you" I grin and tuck her in.

"When you wake up, you just have to drink this medicine but that's it. Now rest" I say rubbing her forehead, then getting up, picking my equipment and turning off the light. I close the door but not before I peek in and look at her sleeping peacefully and hopefully without pain. Now the latest struggle, giving her oral medicine.

AN: You know whats amazing? I went to the demographics for this story to check out where my readers are from and you guys are amazing! I have readers from all over the world, literally. From Germany, to Australia, to India, to Russia, to Japan and more. Since the last time I updated, this book has gotten 3k more reads and it honestly is breathtaking. Thank you guys so much! You have no idea how happy this makes me!!!