Imagine for anonymous

Callie's POV

I can't believe I have to go to the hospital AGAIN! This stupid throat infection is taking over my life. A little bit of it is my fault, I guess I should not have thrown away my medicine but it was disgusting. Anyways, I'm just waiting for my name to be called

"Callie" Someone says and I snap my head in their direction and see my doctor since I was a kid, Dr. Harry Styles. I stand up from my chair and walk towards him. He's holding a clip board and has a warm smile on his face. 

"Hi. It'll be quick right?" I question as I follow him into the exam room

"Depends on why you're here hun. How's your throat?" He asks. I've been coming to him quite a lot because of this infection.

"How's your dog?" I ask trying to distract him from questions about my throat. 

"Callie, let's not do that again. How is your throat?" He asks saying the first part a little sternly just to get his point across.

"Sorry" I mumble and sit on the exam table while he stands in front of me. 

"Go on then" He says tapping his foot.

"It burns a little but I am doing fine" I say and try to make it seem like everything is fine... I dont think that worked. He walks to this counter with the popsicle stick things on it and grabs one, and takes out his flashlight and approaches me.

"Open up" He says softly so I don't get scared

"Why are we doing this again? just trust what I say" I  said getting flustered that he won't believe me.

"I trust you but I still need to take a look. Say 'Aaah' now" He repeats himself. I sigh and give in saying "aaah". He inserts his popsicle stick which holds my tongue don so he can take a look because as you can tell, I do not cooperate with him.

"well it's really red. Have you been taking the meds I prescribed you?" He questions

"umm about that. I may have thrown them away" I mumble

"Callie!! That is so irresponsible of you!" He says angrily

"I'm sorryyy" I whine 

"ok thats it. You need a really strong dose of the antibiotic and we can do that since you're here and I have the supplies" He says. I follow him to a common room where a lot of patients are hooked up to an I.V

"Lay down here" He says patting a bed. I do as he says and he gathers up supplies for an IV.

"You know I don't like this part. Please don't do it" I beg, tears finally filling my eyes.

"I'm sorry honey but I have to. You are clearly not fighting the infection on your own so this will help you" He says

Dr. Styles POV

I've known Callie since she was a little baby and even though she is 16, I know that she is scared of staying in the hospital due to one of her previous experiences at a hospital when she was on a vacation and I was not her doctor. Since then, it is hard to negotiate with her and try to make her understand that this infection can really harm her. 

"You know the routine. Let me hook you up, then I'll check your temperature and vitals" I tell her and tie a torquenet on her upper arm. I grab a wipe and wipe her elbow bend. I grab the needle and she starts to cry

" no no no. please. I will take my meds. I don't want this!" she screams kicking.

"Callie, listen to me, this is not a punishment. This will help you with your infection. Shh now honey. You're okay. Look away" I instruct and slowly stroke her arm to calm her down so she's relaxed. She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. I insert the needle into her arm quickly and she yelps a little and lets a few tears slip which I wipe away quickly.

"Shh, see all done. Let me hook you up to the medicine and then check your vitals" I say softly and try to keep her calm. She nods sadly because it is not going her way and she is scared. I inject the medicine through her I.V and hang up the bag. 

"Ok just a quick check up" I say grabbing my thermometer. I bring it towards her and swipe her forehead and a side of her face. As soon as it beeps, it shows her temperature is 102.

"Callie, your temperature is so high honey. Don't hide how you feel or I can't help you" I tell her and grab my stethoscope to listen to her heart and lungs. After checking those and her blood pressure, I let her rest. I noticed she was sleepy.

"Why dont you sleep. you are completely safe here. Just close those sleepy eyes honey" I stroke her arm with the IV in it to help with the pinchy feeling in the arm. She slowly starts to close her eyes and just lets go. 

"There we go, such a good girl. Shhh" I stroke her arm some more and soon she falls asleep. At least she'll feel well when she wakes up.

AN: I was just checking how this book is doing and 305k reads!? You guys are AMAZING! This totally made my day! Thank you so much to every single one of you. Even if you dont vote, but you read, thank you for reading my book. So as a surprise, I wrote this imagine just now. I hope you guys enjoy this. And again, thank you so much!!!