Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Luke: We all sat down and Kenley handed out the Xbox controllers. "Okay last time Ben was quarterback. That means its my turn." "What about Austin?" "I don't care he's on your team." "So that means Luke is on your team?" "Well yeah. He isn't your boyfriend." Ben looked offended but Austin was cracking up. "Okay Austin just for laughing at her stupid joke you're tackler." "Good I like tripping people." Kenley came over and sat next to me on the floor. Austin was sitting in one of the recliners and Ben in the other. But I was on the edge of the couch. Kenley leaned her head up against my leg. "Luke what team are we?" "Gators." She used her remote to select the team. Her brothers picked the Bears of course cuz they're from Chicago. Kenley was the quarterback and I was the tackler. We won two out of three matches cuz Austin tripped Kenley right before she scored a touchdown. "See? Told ya I liked tripping people." We got done and Kenley put all the remotes on the basket and popped out the game and put it in its case. I walked to the kitchen to put my glass in the sink when Kenley came up and wrapped her arms around my back. "Hey there." "Hey." I turned around and she leaned in for a kiss. I scooped her up and set her on the counter then kissed her. We both backed out then she wrapped her arms around me. "Kenley I gotta get goin." "But Luke..." "I gotta get home to the boys but I will see you tomorrow." "Actually I'm hanging out with Austin tomorrow. But I'm sure we can all meet up for lunch somewhere." "Okay I'll text you." "Okay love you." "Love you." I walked out the door and hopped in my truck.

Kenley: I waved Luke goodbye then went in the house and crashed on the couch. Austin came and sat in the chair next to my head. "So you really like Luke?" "Yeah. I love him." "Kenley don't tell Ben this but I really like Luke and he should hang around more. I'm talking marriage. Of course for you." "Trust me we will get married. Eventually. But for now he's gonna move in. You're gonna love his boys." "How old are they?" "Bo is five and Tate is three." "Are they good?" "Yeah. Amazing. I hope you don't mind... They were over earlier and played with your old Legos." "At least someone's using them." "So I told Luke we as in us were gonna hang tomorrow. Is that okay?" "Yep." "So we have to run to Target and get toys then go out to eat with Luke for lunch. Then hang around until three for the movie." "Sounds good." "What movie are we gonna see?" "I don't know. Lets just wait till we get to the theater." "Okay." "Hey Kenley?" "Yeah?" "Ya know how I said that me and Lydia broke up?" "Yeah?" "Well I dumped her cuz she cheated on me." "Why would she..." "Apparently I wasn't showing her that I loved her. So she went off and found some other guy. Anyway, I bought a ring and wanted to propose. But instead I took it back and got you this." He handed me a small blue box with a bow on top. I opened it to see an open heart necklace. It was beautiful. "Austin you didn't have to." "Yes I did. I missed your birthday." "But still... Thank you. It's beautiful." I pulled my hair off to the side and he hooked it around my neck. "Okay let's get to sleep so we can have fun tomorrow." "Okay night." "Night." I started walking upstairs when my phone started going off. It was Luke. He wanted to FaceTime. I pushed accept and laid down on my bed. It finally connected. "Hey darlin." "Hey baby." "Whatcha doin?" "Laying. How bout you?" "Just put the boys to bed so I thought that I should talk to you." "About what?" "About where I'm gonna stay at your house." "Well your gonna stay in my room silly. And all your stuff is gonna be in our room." "Well yeah but it's gonna be awkward." "How so?" "I don't know it just will." "If you don't wanna move in you don't have to." "Kenley I do. It's just that we won't have that much time together alone because the boys." "Luke I don't care I love all of you guys. Ya know what? Lets talk about this tomorrow. I'm tired." "Okay night. Love you." "Night."

A/N

Uh oh! There's some tension... 😁