Chapter 52

Chapter 52

Kenley: Joslin and Drew walked out and Luke got up and shut the door. "Luke, we are not having sex." "Why not? They are." He sat down and pulled off his jeans. "No." "Yep. You hit me." "Damn. How bout I make it up later?" "I need the kiss now. It really hurts." "Okay. Just the kiss no further." "Whatever." He spread out his legs then I put a hand on each of his thighs. He bit his lip then I leaned down and softly kissed his crotch. He stroked my hair and I leaned away from him. "No Lukey." I threw his pants at him then went downstairs to my little office area. I hadn't cleaned up from a while ago but I quickly organized my books and papers then Luke came down and leaned up against the doorway. "Hey beautiful." "Hey sexy." I turned on the computer and opened up my college program. "Kenley?" "Yeah?" "Are you going to school?" "Yeah..." "What are you studying?" "Well I want to be a pediatric nurse. And I have all my basic college done and only about six months left till I get my degree." "That's great. I guess I'll leave you alone." "No. Luke. I wanted to show you the child I'm sponsoring." I opened the web page and clicked on the little girl. "Luke this is Nellie. She is three and lives in New York in a foster home. I had the papers all signed to adopt her last year but then I realized I didn't have a man to even support me and I can't live with my brothers forever so I had Ben get rid of them." "Well you've got me now so we'll just have to see." I leaned up and gave Luke a kiss. "Love you." "Love you too." "And Luke?" "Yeah babe?" "I can't wait to marry you." "I can't wait till the honeymoon." "Gee thanks." "I don't like dressing up. But dressing down? I like." I rolled my eyes then I remembered that I had to talk to Luke about quitting work. "Luke, I wanna quit my job." "Okay. What are you gonna do to keep busy?" "I don't know I guess plan the wedding until I finish my degree." "That sounds great babe." "Just wondering how long are the boys staying at Jordan's?" "Few days." "Kay." "So we can do whatever later. After the parties that is." I got up and leaned against his chest. He wrapped his arms around me then kissed my head. "Luke where are my Pringles? They aren't in the cupboard." "In our room." I ran upstairs and checked everywhere. "Luke!!" "What?" "I can't find them." He ran up the stairs and then came in trying to catch his breath. "Here." He opened the nightstand drawer and pulled them out. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek and started to walk out when he grabbed my waist and took the chips out of my hands. "Hello? I'm hungry." He stuck them back in the drawer and closed it. "What the heck?" "Get them yourself." I opened the drawer and saw a box of condoms laying there. "Thomas Luther..." "What? I thought since you'd see the box you might want to." "Luke if I was ready I would've done it last night." "I know but..." "But I'm not ready. Goodbye." I ran to the door but he shut it. "Dammit Luke I don't want to have sex!" "Kenley..." "No. See ya." I opened the door and ran downstairs. On my way out I grabbed my phone and Luke's truck keys. I have no idea where I'm going but I'm gone. I drove down an old country road for about an hour denying three calls from Luke. Then my phone went off again but it was Joslin, not Luke. "Hello?" I said wiping the tears from my eyes. "Aww boo. Why are you crying?" "Luke was trying to... He was... Forcing me to have sex with him." "Did you?" "No! I'm not ready yet." "One minute..." I heard footsteps then a slap and Luke yelling. She came back on the phone. "What did you do?" "I slapped him across the face then kneed him in the crotch." I giggled then pulled over into a corn field. "Honey where are you?" "Not sure but I drove down slider road for two hours." "Okay. I'm gonna go find you." "No. I'll meet you at the bar. I need Luke off my mind." "Kay I'll be there waiting." I hung up then took a shortcut home once I figured out where to go. When I pulled up at the bar I looked around for my truck thinking that Luke might have grabbed the keys. I don't see the truck anywhere so I grabbed my phone and the keys then walked in. When I spotted Joslin I sat down next to her. "Hey boo." I was still crying trying to get Luke off of my mind. "Hey." I turned my head to look at my surroundings when I spotted a tall, brown haired, farmers tan man, my man, Luke.

A/N

Did Joslin invite Luke?