Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Kenley: "Joslin why is Luke here?" "Well... I sorta told him to come. I knew you were all worked up and he usually calms you down..." "I knew it. Ugg I just need to... Need to..." "No Kenley you don't. You haven't cut for a week and you've been doing perfectly fine." "Yeah I know. But it's because of Luke. He's the one that kept me calm. He's the one that helped me stay sane. But he's gone. Well he's here but he's not mine." "Let me see your hand." I held out my hand. "See this ring? This is exactly what you need, love. And Luke loves you that's why you're getting married." She smiled then grabbed both of my hands and held them. I felt two arms wrap around my waist and someone kissed my head. I just about fell off of my barstool. I turned around and saw it was Luke. "Why did you leave?" "You." "What did I do?" "Luke I told you I'm not ready." "I just thought..." I started bawling. I pushed him away then laid my head in Joslin's lap. Luke started rubbing my back. I pleaded just giving up on everything we had, "Luke just leave. I'm done." He walked about two steps and turned and I saw tears streaming down his face. "Joslin, what have I done?" "I don't know babe." "I need Luke." "I know." "I need Luke. He can't just leave. He can't." "I suggest you call him and talk before he does something crazy." I ran out screaming his name. Nothing. Just silence. I picked up my phone and called Luke. No answer. I tried again. No answer. I tried a third time. No answer but this time I left a message. "Luke, I need you. You're the only one I will ever love. Please please don't do anything crazy. Please come home I can't live without you. I won't. Please. I love you so much. Please. I apologize for everything. I love you. Bye." I sat in my car just waiting for my phone to ring. But it never did. After 30 minutes of waiting I decided I needed something to eat. I looked at the clock on my phone: 6:23 pm. I ran through the drive-thru of subway and got a sandwich. I pulled out and headed home. I checked my phone: nothing. I was getting worried about Luke but then I figured I would hear from him soon enough. I pulled in my drive and got out. I opened the door to my house and everyone was crowded in the living room. "What's going on?" Joslin muttered, "it's... It's Luke." My jaw dropped and I fell to the floor crying. It was all my fault. I am such a retard. I just hurt the one I love. Austin came over and picked me up and laid me down on my bed. He sat down and wiped my tears. "Wha... What happened?" "Luke was in a very bad car crash. Nearly killed. They rushed him to the hospital and got him on a ventilator. His parents were called as his emergency contact and then Luke's dad called here. He said that you should come whenever you're ready." I started bawling again and Austin wrapped me in his arms. "This is all my fault. I did this to Luke." "It's not your fault." "Yes it is. I have to see him. Will you drive me?" "Yep. But I suggest in case Luke does see you, put on something with cleavage not that jersey." I got up and searched through my closet. I got out a racer back tank top with a bit of cleavage and threw my north face on over it. I ran downstairs and pulled my hair up into a messy bun and got in the car with Austin.

A/N

Do you think Luke is gonna be okay??