✨~Stingue~✨Welcome home~fluff

Rogue's Pov

      2 years. It's almost been 2 years ever since Sting was deployed to serve. 2 years since I've seen him. It's been forever. I don't even know if he's alive. He's been called in to help defend our country, I didn't want him to go but he agreed. I know it's the right thing to do, to serve our country, but I can't stand being with out him for a long period of time. We've been together through everything. He's my light. My Yin to my Yang. My soulmate. I've got a phone called a few days ago saying he's supposed to be coming home today. I haven't heard anything since though. It's making me nervous. I haven't seen him in 2 years, what if he looks different? What if he's changed? I start thinking back to the night before he got sent away.

Flashback

     "Do you have to go? I want you to stay" They were curled up on their bed. Rogue's face in Sting's chest. He snuggled closer. Sting looked down at Rogue and pressed his lips against his hair and stayed there for a minute. "I know baby, I know. But I have to. They need me. It's the right thing to do." Rogue wrapped his arms and legs around Sting and was like that  for a long while. Sting hugged back. "I love you you." He heard Rogue say. Though a little muffled cause he was buried in his chest. "I love you too." Sting rubbed Rogue's back, "I love you too." They fell asleep. Then morning came and it was time for Sting to go.

        Rogue was on their couch curled up in blankets and holding Frosch. Lector was there too beside his head. It's been hard for Rogue, these past two years. He couldn't sleep. Each night got harder and harder. He was so used to having Sting next to him and wrapped around him protectively. But since he's been gone he couldn't sleep. He also hasn't been to the guild in such a long time, because it wasn't the same without Sting. Whenever he goes there, he just gets deeper into his sadness. His teammates noticed this, so Rufus suggested he should go home for awhile and take a break from jobs and the guild for awhile, and so he took his advice and that's what he did. Though he did get frequent visits from them. All because they worried sick about him.  "Is Sting-kun coming home today?" Lector asked hopefully. It was quiet for awhile. Then, "To be honest, I don't really know." It was quiet once again. "Don't be sad Rogue. I don't like it when your sad." Frosch said. Rogue just held him tighter, "I'm fine, don't worry about me." "Okay." Frosch snuggled against Rogue. They were in the same spot for a few hours later. But then they heard a knock on the door. Rogue's heart started racing. Could that be him? He rushed to the door. Two soldiers were standing in the doorway. His heart sank a little. Worried about getting bad news. "Rogue Eucliffe?" "Yes, that's me." "We have something for you." Then they moved away from each other. What he saw after  left him speechless. He gasped. "Sting?" He whispered. Right in front of him stood the love of his life, Sting. He couldn't believe it! "Oh my gosh." He said breathlessly. He covered his mouth with his hand out of shockness. "We'll be leaving now." The soldiers say turning to leave. They stopped and looked at Sting, "Thank you for your service." They saluted. Sting returned it. They left. Sting looked back at Rogue, a huge smile on his face. He opened his arms. Rogue took his cue and ran full speed towards Sting and jumped on him. Hugging him tightly, not letting go. Face buried in his neck. Sting steadied himself and held Rogue just as tight. "Oh my god," Rogue whispered shakily tears formed. "Oh my god!" He chuckled a bit. Tears streaming down. "Shhh. It's okay, you're okay." Sting whispered while he rubbed Rogue's back. He pressed kisses to Rogues neck comforting him. He started walking them into their house. "You're home." Rogue states. "You're home!" He says it repeatedly, not believing that his beloved Sting is home. His face still in Sting's neck. Sting saw Frosch and Lector while making his way to their bedroom. "Sting!" They ran up and jumped on him. He made to the bedroom. As soon as he did, he headed straight towards the bed. He sat down on it, then he laid down, still holding Rogue, and moved to his right side. He pulled Rogue closer to him. Rogue was crying. He pulled his head back and then leaned down and kissed him. Rogue kissed back, though harder and with more emotion. Sting moved his right hand to Rogues hair. Rogue's landed on his face. They held it for what seemed like forever. Then they broke it. "Is this really real?" Rogue asked, eyes roaming around Sting'sheart face and hands moving all over his hair, still in denial. "Yes, Yes it's real baby." Sting smiled. "Not a dream?" "Not a dream." Rogue chuckled, smile grew wider. He kissed Sting again. Afraid he'll loose him again. Sting happily responded. They smiled in the kiss. "I love you." "And I you." They stayed like the rest of the night. Both holding each other tightly, neither planning to let go anytime soon. They were both close to a deep sleep, then with a whisper from Rogue they ended their night, "Welcome home."

Author's note

Just some Stingue fluff! 😊 Hope you enjoy!