Natsu/Gray and Past!Lyon/Gray

Natsu's Pov

I sat at our table talking to my team. Mainly, I was watching Gray talk. He's so cute. Yes, I do have a crush on him. A big one. We were deep in conversation when the doors opened. Gray's boyfriend, Lyon walked and came over. He leaned down near Gray's ear, "Hey babe." Gray stopped talking and looked behind him. He gasped, then jumped up and wrapped his arms around his neck smiling, hugging him. "What brings you here?" Lyon wrapped his arms around Gray's waist. "Just came by to see my beautiful boyfriend." My dragon inside growled. I don't trust Lyon that much. He doesn't deserve Gray. Gray leaned in to kiss him. But I noticed something, Lyon hesitated and leaned back a bit, but then kissed him. I looked away. "You okay Natsu?" I heard Lucy's voice. "Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine." I looked at Gray, Lyon said something to him and hey walked outside. Lucy saw this and smirked, "You're jealous aren't you Natsu?" I looked back at her, "Wha...No! No I'm not." She looked at me knowingly. "Okay, fine, yes, I'm a tiny jealous." "You should tell him that he's your mate." I looked down, "But what if it ruins our friendship?" She shrugged, "You never know," I sighed, she's right.

Gray's Pov

We walked outside hand in hand. "So, you needed to tell me something?" I asked. I looked at Lyon. He seem zoned out, thinking about something. "Huh? Oh yes, I do have something I need to talk to you about." Gray stopped and turned him, still holding hands. "What is it?" Lyon paused. "I... I'm cheating on you." Silence. Gray's eyes widened. "Wh-what?" "That's why I hesitated before I kissed you a few minutes ago." "Ye-yeah, I noticed that." Gray looked down. "How long?" Lyon looked up, "hmm?" "How long has this been going on." Lyon sighed, "For awhile. Two months tomorrow." "Oh." "Yeah." Silence again. Tears forming in Gray's eyes. "That's why you drifting away from me." Gray whispered needing to confirm it. His head was down, hair covered his eyes. "I just, I just don't love you anymore like I used to." He looked at Gray and his heart broke at the sight he was seeing. Gray, looking down, tears were streaming on his face and he was shaking. He knew he had hurt him very badly. "Gray." He reached forward but Gray moved back. "Don't." He moved away from Lyon. "Don't ever come near me again." He whispered, then he ran off.

Time Skip

He got to the willow tree by the river he and Natsu always fought at. He ran towards it and broke. He hit the tree then slid down. Hands covering his face. He had his back against the tree and knees were brought up to his chest and he buried his head in them. He sat there and just cried, letting it all out.

Natsu's Pov

I walked around town looking for Gray. I past the bridge. Then I noticed a familiar smell. Mint and frost. Gray! I followed the scent. I stopped near the willow tree. That's when I heard it. Sobbing. My eyes widened, "Gray?" I said to myself. I walked closer. It was Gray. I quietly walked towards and sat down beside. "Gray?" He was quiet. "Natsu?" He whispered. "Yeah, it's me." He let out a sob. Then the unexpected happened. He lunged towards me and and wrapped around me and clutched my shirt. "Natsu." I wrapped around him also and held him close. I kissed his hair and breathed in his scent. My dragon was wagging it's tail. Obviously Gray's scent comforted him. "Shh. You're okay. I'm here." I whispered sweet nothings. "What happened. Who did this to you?" I asked quietly. But letting him take his time, not pressuring him. He wiped his eyes. "Lyon... he-," I tightened my grip on him. "He cheated on me." He whispered. Voice muffled from being buried in my chest. "Oh, Gray." I whispered. I knew I couldn't trust Lyon. "I could feel it this whole time. Feel us drifting apart. It was bound to happen anyways. But cheating. Oh god Natsu." He was crying again. "Shhh." I started rubbing his back comfortingly. I put my head on his and whispered in his ear. "We've been together for so long. 3 years." He continued and went quiet, we stayed like that for awhile. Now's my chance. I looked down at him. "Hey, Gray?" I asked gently. He looked up at me. Then I leaned down and gently pressed my lips against his. My dragons tail was thumping now, excited. Gray froze. But soon melted and returned the kissed. It was sweet and gentle. I pulled back. "It's probably a bad time for me to say this, but, I love you Gray. I love you, I always have. It took me a while but I figured out that, you're," I paused, "you're my mate. You're the one Gray. But it's okay if you need time to accept me or not at all. I'm perfectly fine with that. But I just, I just wanted to tell you before it was too late." He looked at me. Then he leaned in and kissed me again. It was soft and shy. "For the longest time, I thought Lyon was the one, we've been together through everything, even grew up together, but, like I said , we were drifting apart, and now he confessed he was cheating." He looked down. "But, now, I have someone else to love, and who loves me back properly." He smiled at me. He's adorable. I smiled back. Then, I couldn't tell who leaned in first, but, we met halfway and smiled into the kiss. My dragon is very happy by now. "I'd love to be your mate Natsu." I kissed him again. "Dragons mate for life," I looked at him, "same goes for dragon slayers." Gray smiled, "I don't mind. As long as I have you." He accepted! My dragon voiced to me. He was bouncing around, very happy. "I love you Gray Fullbuster."

"I love you too."

Author's Note

Gratsu/Natray fluff! Also some lyoray😊 Enjoy!