✨~Gratsu~Undercover~✨

Natsu kept messing with the dress when Gray came in. Gray smiled when he saw Natsu wearing it. He went and wrapped his arms around him from behind. "You look fine. It's only for a mission." Gray brushed his lips against Natsu's ear. Natsu sighed, "I know but it's itchy." Gray chuckled. Fairy Tail was hired to do an undercover mission and catch a guy who's been threatening a town, who's having a ball tonight. They heard the guy was going to be there too. But, the only problem was, it was a masquerade ball, which was going to make this difficult. Gray turned Natsu around, arms tightening around his waist. "If anything, anything happens, yell out and I'll be there okay?" Gray leaned his forehead against Natsu's. Lips brushing. Natsu nodded. Gray brushed away the hair from Natsu's forehead then kissed him. Natsu responded. "Don't die on me." Gray whispered before the two headed out.

Time skip

     The hall was crowded. Team Natsu looked around. "Remember, look for someone with a sword or a weapon. Or just someone who seems suspicious." Erza ordered. "Now, let's enjoy ourselves until then." The girls already disappeared to the dessert tables, leaving Gray and Natsu to themselves. Gray turned toward Natsu and smiled. "May I have this dance?" He bowed and hand out. Natsu laughed and took his hand. The two joined the other couples dancing. It was one of the common ballroom dances. After a while more people have joined the floor. While Gray and Natsu danced, Natsu spotted someone who looked out of place. He was standing, talking to a guard, then he disappeared. Natsu then got nervous. "Hey, you okay?" Gray whispered to him. Natsu looked at him, "I think I found our guy." Soon there was another couple close to them. Gray saw who Natsu was talking about. "We're about to switch partners, stay close to me." Gray ordered. Gray eyed the guy that was nearby. He must have notice who they were talking about, cause he was already looking at them. They switched partners. That was when Gray noticed the weapon. Stay calm, Gray. He continued dancing with his partner. He watched Natsu dance with another guy. He's about to switch with the criminal.  They switched again. Natsu twirled into the arms of their person. Gray's heartbeat quickened. Natsu was also nervous. When Natsu placed his hand against his partner's, that's when it got crazy. The masked criminal quickly got out his sword and held Natsu against him by his hair, holding the sword near his neck. "Gray!" Gray quickly got into action. "Let him go." He growled. The girls came to help. "You're not getting away with this." Gray warned, hand glowing with his ice magic. "Hmm, but what if I already have." The man grinned, "Guards!" Soon everyone cleared except team Natsu. A few guards came running in holding the king captive, weapons ready. Lucy got her whip ready and Erza got her swords. A battle began.

Time skip

   The last soldier fell. The king was free and so was Natsu. The masked man had been captured by the palace soldiers and got locked away. Gray wrapped an arm around Natsu protectively and kissed him. Happy he didn't lose him. "Thank you, so much. I knew I shouldn't have trusted him. He was supposed to deliver those swords to the gentlemen that were here tonight for the sword dance. But it looks like he had a plan of his own and captured me." The king exclaimed. The two boys broke apart. "Please, this is for you, for saving the kingdom." The king had grabbed a medium bag of jewel and gave it to the team. "And a little thanks for everything." Another bag, full of sweets and desserts. "Oh, thank you, sir." Erza and Lucy bowed politely. Lucy took the bag. "We're glad to help. If you ever need anything, feel free to contact us anytime." Erza said. "Of course. Thanks again!" Team Natsu had bowed again and then headed off. "That was so much fun! I've never been to a ball before!" Lucy exclaimed happily as they went to their train. Gray chuckled and pulled Natsu close, "I'm glad I didn't lose you." He nuzzled Natsu's cheek. Natsu giggled, "You can't get rid of me that easily." They both laughed. Then Gray kissed him. Natsu smiled through it. The two of them stopped walking, enjoying the moment. "Guys! The train's here!" Lucy called. Natsu groaned and buried his face in Gray's neck. "Come on, time to head home." Gray nudged him to continue walking. The rest of the night,  Natsu curled up against Gray and soon they fell asleep.

The end

Author's note

Some Gratsu fluff!😊 Enjoy!😊