All She Wanted Was LOVE

2 Years Ago

It wasn't supposed to happen but it did. We were good friends who just so happened to fall in love with each other. I loved him and I thought he loved me too but he didn't. Invested many years in a relationship based on lies. 5 years wasted to be exact. The first year was filled with rainbows and sunshine. The second year was peaches and cream. We moved in together. Well I moved into his huge ass home or should I say mansion when I already had my own. The third year I was still in love with him but he was drifting off our tunnel of love. I was use to his late nights because of his career but they became more frequent. It seemed like the sun was always beating him home. Phone calls came far and a few in between. No more good morning sunshine or goodnight sunshine texts. No kissy face emoji's just because or random I love you's. By the fourth year we got it back right. Or so I thought. He proposed and I just knew we were going to get married. Yeah in my dreams! We better yet I planned a small intimate wedding just for our close family and friends a beach wedding to be specific in the islands. My dream wedding!

A pregnancy scare somewhere in between that brought us closer. More like scared him but we'd been together so long I thought we'd be ready and willing to welcome a new addition to our family. You know the first of many. But once again I was wrong. No matter what though; I still continued to love him. How could I not? I'd always love him. Stupid yeah I know.

Then it happened again. You know drifting away. He was no longer the same man. Lipstick stains on his collars, hickies on his neck that filled in his tattoos with purplish blue tint, and cheap perfume in the air lingering on his body and clothing like he bathed in it. If this was love I didn't want it anymore. Love didn't exist between us anymore. I stayed though. I was willing to fight for the man that I loved. Like I said I invested years into him and our relationship. Bitches called. Text messages came through all day every day. Bitches talked shit on social media putting up screenshots of their conversations with him as well as pictures that he had taken with them. At this point he didn't care to deny any of his wrong doings. He couldn't if he tried anyway. The proof was right in front of my face. He tried to get us back right. I'll admit that but it never lasted long enough to see progress. He thought because of who he was, was going to give him leverage. I guess he forgot we were friends first because who he was didn't mean shit to me.

I can't see where I went wrong. I never wanted or needed him for anything but for him to love me. I had my own before him, during him, and after him. Money I made it. Billionaire status that's me! I worked hard for what I have. Started from the bottom and now I'm at the point where I can sit on my round firm fat ass if I wanted to. Beautiful no I'm not conceited just confident. Body on point, short and stacked in all the right places, melanin popping and glowing for the gods matching my brown almond shaped eyes that always seemed to glisten like the sun was always shining on them. Although I have it all I still remained humble. My beauty wasn't just on the outside it shined bright throughout the inside as well but still I wasn't enough for him.

I always thought we complimented each other. We looked good in each other's arms. At one point we were good for each other. Maybe that's where everything went wrong. Maybe I was just a trophy to him. You know like a new sports car he could show off to the world. Love me while we're outside and throw me away once we entered our domain. You know just a mere shadow of him. We reflected each other. Maybe I was just a business deal to him. Who knows but still like the woman I am I continued to rock out with him. Always fight for the one you love was what I was taught. All the fighting I did you would think he would fight for me. When I was down he wasn't there to lift me up. I had the weight of the world on my shoulders.