27.3: Enemy

Chapter 27

Chapter 27.3: Enemy
Omniscient

"Speaking of family how is Royalty and Mama J" April asked.

Chris smiled. "Royalty is doing just fine. Energetic as hell and always dancing I keep her in different activities. She's growing up to be a cool lil girl. You know when you left she asked for her Apple for months and I couldn't even tell her that it was my fault that you weren't coming back" Chris looked at April saddened. All his actions had consequences and he failed to realize them until after the fact.

April sighed. She never wanted to leave Royalty but she had to. She honestly felt as though Royalty was her 2nd chance to be a mother since Jr didn't make it. She would never leave Royalty intentionally. "I'm truly sorry bout that. I never wanted to leave her. You know Nia might've given birth to her but she was my baby. I had to leave before I lost myself entirely though. I cried many, many nights thinking bout her. How is she doing? Does she even notice that I'm gone? How's Nia treating her? Who tucked her in at night? Did anyone read her favorite book to her? I felt like I left my child behind but I had no choice I had to leave. I couldn't stay any longer. Me and you were no longer good for one another and no matter how strong I tried to be she reminded me of a piece of you that I had but couldn't get back" April took a deep breath and grabbed a piece of tissue to dry her eyes. "Royalty became a constant reminder that you fucked up...big time. She reminded me that she had an older brother that didn't survive. No matter how bad or how much I tried to not think of those things the thoughts would never leave. No matter how much I knew and realized that she wasn't the blame I just couldn't take it anymore. I knew she was only a child and didn't ask to be here but it was too big of a pill to swallow after while especially when our child didn't have a chance at life period" April dabbed her eyes and wiped her nose. "Please don't apologize again. I'm good"

Chris had already figured that having Royalty was the straw that broke the camels' back for her but he could never tell her when they were together. He just nodded his head non verbally telling her he understood and he did. What he didn't understand was how April did and dealt with the shit that she had because if the shoe was on the other foot he didn't think he'd be able or have it in him to stick around. Then again it was April so maybe he could've.

"Mama is doing pretty great too. I spoke to her while I was on my way here. She was excited to know that you were here and even happier that we were finally going to sit down and talk." Chris changed the subject not wanting April to dwell on his bullshit any longer. "She's actually here. Well at her condo. She's in LA for a few weeks. You should stop by and see her before you leave. She misses her daughter. Yea she still claims you as her daughter in law" Chris chuckled.

"You know Mama J gonna forever love me boy stop acting like you don't know this. You could be married to someone else with a whole family and she would still claim my ass" April laughed.

"I can't even lie and say ya ass lying" he joined her laughing. Mama J would forever and always claim April as her daughter but the type of woman she was she would also respect the next woman that God saw fit for Chris.