74: Baby Shower/Gender Reveal

Chapter 74: Baby Shower/Gender RevealOmniscient

Omniscient

Today was the day of the baby shower and April and Chris was in the car on their way to the venue just listening to music and talking. Everyone else had left already because they wanted to make sure that they got there before them. Dave had taken Kairi and Royalty along with him leaving April and Chris to arrive together since this was their event and their special moment. Both April and Chris were excited about today. For one they were having their first legit baby shower. Two their family and friends would be there to help them celebrate. Three they'd finally learn whether they were having a Prince or a Princess. They also couldn't wait to see what the venue looked like because they really had no say so with either of their mothers including Faye and Alaina. Whatever it looked like inside they knew that they had put their all into it and that's all that mattered.

"Are you excited" Chris asked smiling from ear to ear as he glanced at her and back on the road.

"Is that even a question? You just better get ready for that push gift" April replied all hype.

"That's a given but you better get ready to let me take one of those precious cars off ya lot" he smirked. There were so many options he didn't know what to choose. All he knew was that he was going be riding around in one.

"We'll see...hey is Trey coming"

"Yea I talked to him this morning" he replied.

"Bet, I actually miss his disrespectful ass. He's been off the grid for too long and when I hit him up he doesn't really fill me in. He just gives me those politically correct answers. I get it though but I'm just worried bout him"

"He's aight but you know we'll all get up with each other once we get back to ya spot. So we'll be able to all catch up"

"Say less"

"We're here" Chris said as they pulled up in front of the venue. April took a deep breath and looked at him worried.

"Don't be nervous. It's just our family and friends and if they don't like what we have going on and they're disrespectful bout our situation our family will handle it. But I doubt we'll have any issues" he parked the car then looked over at her. He just wanted to reassure her that no matter what anybody said what they had was theirs and if nobody liked it then fuck them because you can't make everyone happy. Today was about them and their child. Today was their day. It was a celebration for their baby and no one else mattered outside of their immediate family the ones that had been holding them down since day one.

"I know I know. I just want all of us to have a good day. Today is special" she sighed looking like she was about to get lost in her head but Chris wasn't about to let that go down.

"Ain't nobody fuckin up our day Apple. You know our family ain't here for the shit so smile because today is gonna be a damn good day" he said as he looked at her in awe. She was still glowing and today she looked radiating damn near breath taking.