32: Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe

Chapter 32: Bitch Don't Kill My VibeDave

Dave

I can feel your energy from two planets away
I got my drink, I got my music
I would share it, but today I'm yelling
Bitch, don't kill my vibe! Bitch, don't kill my vibe!
[Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe: Kendrick Lamar]

Dave had finished his session at the studio a few hours later than he originally intended to do. He still had a lot on his mind which made him go even harder at the studio tonight. He had hit Millie to let her know he was sliding through because they needed to talk but he ended up changing his mind because it was way too late. He didn't want to give her any kind of ideas that he was coming over for anything other than to talk and hash shit out. Instead Dave went straight home, showered, and smoked a blunt while he talked to April for a few minutes before he fell asleep on the phone on her this time around. Normally April would be the first one to fall asleep but Dave was tired and he needed as much sleep as he could get.

Dave woke up bright and early the next morning and did his morning prayer thanking Allah for waking him up another morning. He had shit to do today and wanted to make sure he handled it early so he could get right and clear his mind before his show tonight. He headed straight to the bathroom pissed, washed his hands, brushed his teeth, and washed his face. Dave sort of felt out of whack though. He knew it was because he didn't wake up next to April snuggled deep into his body like he normally did on the weekends. He was getting use to waking up and going to sleep with her by his side right where she belonged. He had to admit that April was slowly changing him and he didn't mind one bit because they were all positive changes.

He grabbed his phone and made his way out of his bedroom and downstairs to his kitchen all the while sending April his usual good morning text. Of course there was a 3 hour time difference between New Jersey and LA and he knew she was probably sleeping but nonetheless he was keeping up with their routine. Opening up his fridge he grabbed everything he needed to make his morning green smoothie. This would be the part where April would be scrunching up her nose and minding her business just so he wouldn't make her try some. Dave chuckled to himself and got his smoothie together while going through his phone to check his emails, texts, and social media platforms. As soon as he opened his texts he groaned and saw one from Millie.

Kairi's Mama: Papi I thought you were coming through last night. I thought you needed to talk to me 😉👅

Dave knew she was on some bullshit and was happy as hell that he didn't stop by her place last night.

Daddy🤴🏽🍆👅: I'll be there in a few

He sent the message and left it at that. Dave finished his smoothie, cleaned up his little mess, and headed back upstairs to his bedroom to get showered and dressed to start his day. Freshly showered and dressed he grabbed everything he needed and headed out the house making sure to put on his alarm and lock up behind himself. He hopped inside his ride and sped off headed to Millie's while he silently prayed that this talk wouldn't go left because Millie knew how to push his buttons. Dave didn't like the fact that she knew what buttons to push and not push and also when to push them. Pulling up to her condo and parking in the visitor's parking spot he hopped out, locked up, pulled his hoodie over his head, and walked smooth inside since he had his own set of keys. He took the stairs considering it as a light leg exercise.