49: Snakes

Chapter 49: SnakesApril

Chapter 49: Snakes
April

"Never wound a snake; kill it."
[Harriet Tubman]

Was April happy? Mhmm yes indeed she was. It was like her man had finally come to his senses. So busy going in on Dave she let those three words slip right off her tongue, past her lips, and out in the open. Did she mean them? She absolutely did but that wasn't the way she wanted them to come out but nonetheless she was happy that the words were finally free. She no longer had to hold them hostage and keep them a secret from him. That alone was such a release. For Dave to feel the same way was a plus but April knew in her heart already that he loved her and was in love with her. No lie she was just as happy as he was to hear those three words but she wasn't about to act a fool because at the end of the day Dave still belonged to Millie and April and Dave were still not together. April didn't know how serious he was about leaving Millie. She knew that when it came to her she had quite a hold on him. Yet April was low key rooting for him to do what he needed to do to make it back to her.

But whatever the case maybe it finally looked like she had broken whatever spell he had been under. It looked like he had finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel and he knew Millie wouldn't be at the end of it waiting for him. Nope definitely not Millie but April was going to be there and she was going to be there with open arms. Well that's if he handled his shit and took out the trash.

This was going to be there second chance to do it right and this time April knew it was going to be successful. It just had to be. But don't get it twisted she wasn't taking him back that easily. His ass was going to work hard to get them where they needed and wanted to be. Did Dave really need to worry about April stepping out and getting cozy under another nigga? Nope but she was damn sure going to make him sweat a little and think about it. You know give him a little motivation to get the job done and bring his ass back home. The ball was now in his court and hopefully he played the game well or else Dave would be missing out on the love he really wanted and deserved.

As soon as April closed and locked the door behind Dave she leaned against it sighing in contentment and slid to the floor. This was not how she imagined the evening going. She allowed herself five minutes to dwell on the situation before she straightened up and went back to her bedroom and back in the bed. She didn't know if it was because she missed Dave's presence that much but she could still feel his lips pressed flush against hers. She still craved them. Slowly licking her lips she could taste a hint of weed and his favorite candy...watermelon sour patches and all April wanted to do was taste it some more straight from the source but she couldn't. April was sticking to her guns. So what did she do? She counted her blessings, said her nightly prayer, and took her ass to sleep.

April had woken up early but this time she beat the sun up as she jolted out of her sleep and bed altogether as she raced to the bathroom clutching her mouth for what now seemed like the hundredth time since yesterday. Knees on the floor both hands gripping the toilet seat she emptied her guts as her body shook. She couldn't comprehend what was going on. There was nothing for her to even throw up. She hadn't eaten since yesterday morning. Her mouth felt watery as if she was collecting saliva and she was super queasy.