78.1: Daddy Daughter Day

Chapter 78

Chapter 78.1: Daddy Daughter Day cont...
Dave

"Yes you are mommy's lil baby with ya cute self. Yes you are" April cooed.

"I have a question for you though and I know you can't answer me so I'm a need you to smile for yes or frown for no. Ok you ready? Are you gonna be like ya sister and call me momma or mommy" Dave heard April talking to the baby as he made his way further inside the house after making a quick pit stop at the mud room and then into the living room. He couldn't help but laugh to himself making himself known as he placed her food on the table. He always caught April cooing and talking to the baby as if she was going to answer her back. He understood though he use to do the same thing to Kairi.

"Papi don't laugh we're in the middle of a deep discussion" April said as she looked up at him and back at Charlie. "So what's it gonna be momma or mommy" April asked again knowing she wasn't going to get an answer but it didn't hurt to try.

Dave just looked on because he knew April was serious even if she knew for a fact that she wouldn't be getting an answer. Her ass thought Triple B was going to give her some type of sign. Only time would tell what she would end up calling her. Charlie was looking at April with the neutral face just starring at her. On the other hand April's question made him think. Did she have a problem with Kairi calling her momma? Did she want her to call her something else? Was it really a big deal between being called momma rather than mommy?

"Hey ma" Dave took a seat beside her.

"Hey Papi" she greeted him then leaned over and kissed his already awaiting lips.

Dave reached over on the table and grabbed the hand sanitizer that April now kept on deck and poured some in his hands making sure to rub it in until it was gone. "Gimmie my baby" Dave said after he cleansed his hands.

April placed Charlie in his arms. As soon as she was in his arms she started smiling. "You happy to see ya Pops huh" he smiled and kissed her forehead. "Pops is happy to see you too"

"She can smile for you but not smile to answer my question. She's definitely my child with her petty lil self" April said and smiled at her.

"Looks like she was being neutral bout it but speaking of ya question why you ask her that" Dave looked over at her and asked curious to see where her head was at. He wanted to make sure she was good all the way around and if she was battling anything they could take care of it together and get it resolved properly.

"My heart warms and melts every time Love Bug calls me momma but I know she calls me momma instead of mommy because she already has one well a donor because that's my child. But I can't help but want to know how mommy sounds coming from them. Granted either or sit wells with me but I just want to hear it" April said and shrugged again.

"I get it. It's like how Lil Butt calls me daddy but Triple B will be calling me Pops but at the end of the day I'm still her father just like you're still Lil Butt's mother. So whether ya called momma or mommy it doesn't matter because they know who their mother is"