55: Drunk Texting

Chapter 55: Drunk TextingDave

Dave

I done spent 1, 2, 3 AM, thinkin' about you
Don't wanna be without you
'Cause I'm on the liquid courage
I hope this shit is worth it
'Cause if it ain't then it's all bad, all bad
So baby tonight
I'm blowing up your line, I got you on my mind
And the truth is hard to fight, so I'll be
I'll be drunk texting, drunk texting, drunk texting you
Drunk texting, drunk texting you
Yeah baby I'll be drunk texting, drunk texting, drunk texting you
Drunk texting, drunk texting you
[Drunk Texting: Chris Brown & Jhene Aiko]

It was Friday night 12:35pm to be exact and Dave was fucked up, damn near drunk, in his feelings, and felt like shit was falling apart before he even had the chance to even put things back together. He hadn't talked to April since Saturday which was the day they actually talked and he was missing her terribly. He couldn't bring himself to call her since Millie had dropped a bomb on him. That shit shook up his world. It wasn't the fact that Millie claimed she was pregnant but it was the fact that she really tried to play him like he was stupid. If she was pregnant that baby wasn't his. Dave didn't give a fuck what she said. He knew it wasn't his. Their sex life was pretty much stagnant well before April aired her ass out on the Gram. Millie didn't do it for him. The most he got from her was head and that shit was mediocre as hell and a waste of his time. Keeping it real lately it had just been him, his hand, and his cocoa butter lotion.

He felt like shit. Here he was cleaning up his house, getting shit in order, trying to get April back, and now he had this shit to worry about. Dave wasn't trying to stay away from April any longer though. They had already spent too much time apart and he wasn't down for wasting anymore time. He was just going to have to tell her what was going on and hopefully she would understand and wouldn't walk away again. Fuck that he wasn't letting her walk away. He was going to fight like he promised. They were going to get through this shit together. Dave believed that if they wanted their relationship to work than they'd have to work together whether it was good, bad, or ugly. They could conquer it all together instead of apart. He believed that they could weather any storm.

Millie was trying to make his life miserable by any means. The shit she was pulling was outright ridiculous. After they talked well-argued and he tossed all her shit in a few black trash bags he sat those shits outside on the front porch and had Cecil escort her out of the house and the premises altogether. He was done all Millie needed to be worried about was taking care of Kairi on the weekends and that was all. It was five days after their argument and breakup and just like he assumed she didn't even attempt to pick up Kairi. Millie pulled a no call no show and she hadn't called to speak to her during the week not even once. She didn't even send a fuckin text to say hi. But of course her ass was all over the Gram looking like a thirst bucket and damn near naked while trying to promote Flat Tummy Tea. She was back at work trying to secure another bag. Unfortunately for her he knew that shit wasn't paying her half as much as he was when Kairi was in her care. Dave wasn't going to let Kairi or himself get upset over her some time ass mother so he spent the day with her doing whatever her little heart desired then let her spend the night with his parents.