33: Friends

Chapter 33: FriendsOmniscient

Chapter 33: Friends
Omniscient

Friends, how many of us have them?
Friends, ones we can depend on
Friends, how many of us have them?
Friends, before we go any further
Lets be friends
Is a word we use everyday
Most the time we use it in the wrong way
Now you can look the word up, again and again
But the dictionary doesn't know the meaning of friends
And if you ask me, you know, I couldn't be much help
Because a friend is somebody you judge for yourself
Some are okay, and they treat you real cool
But some mistake kindness for bein' a fool
[Friends: Whodini]

The day was going by ok for April. She felt tons lighter since the conversation she had with Chris but now she was heavily missing their baby boy Christopher Jr. For the sake of the crew she gathered herself together the best she could so they could all enjoy their day and just have fun. She had woken up early enough to make Hazel and Alaina breakfast as well as run out and pick up a few boxes so she could pack up the few items of clothing and kicks she had left behind that she knew she didn't want anymore. The things that she did want she made sure to pack them up as well as separate them from the things she wanted to give away.

She thought about taking the items to the Salvation Army but knew that some of them couldn't be trusted so her and the girls went to a local women's and kid's shelter and donated the items. On the way back home they stopped and picked up the seafood they needed for the boil since everything else was at the house. Once back home and in the house they all got settled in while April prepped the food so all she would have to do is just put everything in the pot and let it cook. They all chilled while they waited for the boys to arrive later on. Right now it was a semi girl's day and like always they were enjoying each other's company and keep April in good spirits.

Of course April had to make some time for her bae especially since she had a nagging feeling like something was off. Luckily she ended up calling him at the right time just in time to get his mind off the bullshit he bitter ass baby mama was throwing his way. So of course she had to send good vibes his way. They didn't speak as long as they normally would but just enough to make sure that they were both good and smiling.

Hours had passed and the boys had finally arrived. Seafood boil already in motion as everything from snow crabs, shrimp, corn, spicy sausages, potatoes, and a few other ingredients sat in the pot getting their simmer on. In the kitchen April and Chris were on blunt duty because they rolled the best blunts out the group. Hazel was in the living room setting the table to make sure everything was set and covered. Alaina and August were chilling in the living room bickering over what songs to play since they would be the DJ's for the night. While Trey sat at the kitchen island in his feelings sulking while April and Chris paid him dust. At this point he was doing entirely too much.

April felt it in her gut that something was going to pop off she just hoped that it wouldn't be too serious and at the end of the day they could just enjoy themselves because she did miss them. She also knew that she owed everybody an apology and planned on doing so. April turned the burners off, took one pot at a time since there were 2, and poured each pot into 2 separate large aluminum pans with ease.