72.1: Inner Demons

Chapter 72

Chapter 72.1: Inner Demons continued...
April

"Uh yea my fault I'm good" she answered and nodded then popped a piece of fruit in her mouth while Dave sat there and starred at her. April knew what he was doing. He had been doing it for some time now but she just wouldn't let up so she looked away from him. She knew it was something they needed to talk about but she didn't want to talk about it.

"Ma, don't play with me" Dave said sternly causing April to look at him with her brow raised.

"What"

"Come holla at me real quick" he got up from his seat with his eyes still locked on her. She knew better than to test him at a time like this. April knew he wasn't playing and it wasn't time for games. Helping her up from her seat she walked ahead of him and in the house while Teddy followed behind them and went his own way. Teddy probably knew what was about to go down and he didn't want no parts of it.

"Studio" Dave said.

April knew why he chose the studio. One it was closer and two it was sound proof so whoever was in the house wouldn't be able to hear their conversation especially with the house full of family. April opened the door and stepped fully inside with Dave on her heels closing and locking the door behind them. She went to the couch and took a seat while Dave took a seat in one of the office chairs at the soundboard and rolled himself directly in front of her.

"Ma I ain't tryna upset you especially not before ya big day but I'm done. You been like this for months and any other time I'd a been dead this shit but whatever is going with you is bigger than usual so I've been giving you chance after chance to speak up but you keep burying shit. So I'm done waiting. What the fuck is going on with you. I know when shit ain't right. I know how you get just like I know you've been walking around with that bullshit ass smile" he leaned forward looking like he was fed up and if she didn't speak up he'd snap. She should've known that he was going to pull her card one of these days. She was just hoping that by then whatever was going on with her would be over so she could just brush it off.

April looked at him and sighed then looked away. "I don't want to talk bout it" she mumbled still looking away. How could she tell him how she felt when she was embarrassed to even be thinking the way she was?

"Too bad because I want to and we need to" he said and turned her face towards him so she was looking at him and directly in his eyes.

"Can we talk bout it when I'm ready" she asked and huffed like a child.

"No can do ma you been keeping shit bottled in for months. I thought you'd come to me but you've been on some other shit so we not leaving this room until you tell me what's going on. So I'll wait. I don't give a fuck who comes knocking on this door. We ain't leaving till we deal with this shit" Dave said and leaned back into his seat and got comfortable looking like he had all the time in the world.