25: My Brother's Keeper

Chapter 25: My Brother's KeeperChris

Chris

It was bright and early Friday morning as Chris sat at the kitchen island eating breakfast with his brothers August and Trey. At the moment it was a comfortable silence filling the air as each of their minds were on the same thing yet different thing. Well as comfortable as it was going to be for the most part. Chris was thinking about his sit down with April. He had so much pent up emotions running through him that he was trying to keep it together. While on the other hand his brothers were keeping secrets that they both desperately wanted to spill but knew this time it wasn't their place to do so. They both held the same secret but didn't know if the other knew or not. To them it felt like April had placed a gag order against them.

Chris high key knew that they were both hiding something but he wasn't going to press them. The way he saw it was when they were ready to speak on it he would listen. He also knew that whatever they were hiding had to be something big. He couldn't dwell in it though. Today was the big day and he didn't know how it was going to go he just hoped that it wouldn't be too bad. Chris didn't want April upset with him he was already upset with himself. All he wanted was for them to speak their truths and peace of mind. He wanted to work on restoring the friendship that they once had and if they couldn't be friends that they could at least be cordial around each other. He wanted her around or at least be able to be around her.

Damn he had so much to get off his chest he just hoped that she didn't shut down and that she would listen to everything he had to say. He knew the woman he would be sitting in front of today wouldn't be the same woman that left him at the aisle. Chris just hoped and prayed that she wasn't too broken and that she had found some type of happiness after their storm. That shit would kill him if she hadn't. He wanted her to be happy and live her best life even if he wasn't in it. He owed her that much.

"Bruh you aight ova dere" August asked concerned for his brother as he looked at Chris who seemed to space out. August just like Trey knew that today was important to Chris and it was long overdue so they needed to be there for him. Sure they all knew that it was Chris's fault for everything that went down but they also knew he needed them for support so they were going to be there for him like he would for them. They were brothers and they were their brother's keeper.

Chris wiped his hands over his face and sighed deeply. "I'm aight. I don't really know how or what to feel. I know we got shit to talk bout but I'm excited to see her face, smell her lingering scent, watch her nervously bite on her bottom lip, and nervously play with her hands. I get to see everything that I miss and fucked up on. Shit is crazy she's supposed to be my wife right now. We're supposed to have a kid by now and I'm supposed to be buggin her to let me plant another seed because we all know she'd tell me to wait cause we already got one and she needs to focus on work. She's supposed to be home...right here right now with me loving on her. I fucked up" Chris shook his head in disbelief.

"Bruh it's gonna be aight just tell her how you feel. Shit happens. You see where you messed up and now you know what you need to do to make things right. Somethings happen for a reason. Maybe it wasn't y'all time. Trust we all know if you could get her back you'd do it in a heartbeat and do everything the right way. You know we all still low key got faith in y'all. So don't beat yourself up. If it's meant to be it will be. Even if y'all never get back to what y'all once had, you will still get your happy ending" Trey spoke. He wanted to encourage his brother and Chris was thankful for it.