17: Busted

Chapter: 17 Busted
April

Overnight bag packed with everything she needed Dave grabbed her bag and watched her as she locked down her crib. Dave placed their bags in the backseat of his Range Rover, opened the passenger side door for April, then closed it once she was fully inside and settled. April leaned over and opened the door for Dave. Dave smirked at that shit. He honestly liked when she did it. It was something April was used to doing for Chris that she never broke out of. Strapped up and now on the road they made their way to the studio.

April enjoyed spending time with Dave and the many conversations they had. One conversation was heavy on her mind though. She tried to dust it off but for some reason she couldn't shake it. When Dave mentioned how he felt about his baby mama she knew he still harboring feelings for her. If only Millie could deal with his profession among other things he would definitely be with her. What if April and Dave became exclusive and his baby mama finally wanted to work it out with him? Would he leave her? She couldn't deal with running in 4th place because his daughter was obviously number 1 which she didn't mind one bit. Then came his career but with the history he and his baby mama shared she knew she would be in 3rd place pushing April to 4th. The next relationship April was in she wanted to be in 1st place or at least 2nd since Dave was a bundle deal.

They road in a comfortable silence the only thing playing in the background was the radio and she was grateful for that. To April Dave was a real nigga/man and his word had been his bond...so far. So she knew she had to learn to trust him. Without trust they wouldn't work. The what ifs were fucking with her though. Right then and there she decided to just focus on their friendship and whatever else they had going on and prayed that if they did progress into anything serious that shit would work out for the best. She wasn't about to deal with a part 2 starring David Brewster Jr. She didn't have it in her to do so.

About an hour later they were pulling up and parking in the back of the studio. Dave hopped out of the truck and went to April's door opening it and closing it behind her then grabbed his Gucci book bag out the backseat. Getting buzzed inside the building and walking inside they headed straight to the receptionist to sign in. They shared casual words with the receptionist and headed to the elevator, made it to their floor, and made it to the studio that Dave was using for the night.

"Skinny man" Dave greeted the sound engineer as they entered the room he'd be recording in.

"East what's goody" they dapped it up. "I see brought the misses tonight. Hey beautiful" Skinny said with a smile on his face. He was always friendly with her.

April laughed. "Hey Skinny how you been" she asked as they shared a side hug.

"I been aight lil lady how bout you" Skinny asked as he sat back down.

"Cool, you know I'm always good" she replied as she got comfortable on the red leather couch that was in there.

"Good, good is this dude treating you right" Skinny asked as he looked at Dave who was grabbing his notebook filled with lyrics out of his book bag.

"Yup we're good over here" April replied smiling which he was so she couldn't complain.

"Skinny stop asking my woman questions" Dave chuckled and took a seat beside him. Dave had just called her his woman but she was used to it. Whenever they were in the studio he made sure niggas knew she was his even if she wasn't. April was off limits.

"Damn my fault I'm just tryna see if beautiful is being taken care of" he said in a playful tone. April just laughed. This was the norm for them.

"Like she said we good over here now let's get to work" Dave chuckled and winked at April.