60: Cat and Mouse

Chapter 60: Cat and MouseApril

April

Cat and Mouse; noun:
Behavior like that of a cat with a mouse: such as
A: the act of toying with or tormenting something before destroying it

The week had gone by solemnly slow for April. You know how it goes when you're anxiously waiting for something and time takes its precious time passing by but when you need it to go by slowly it zooms right on by. Well that's how it went for April. Today was Friday meaning it was officially her and Dave's first date night and April had been overly excited throughout the whole week wondering what he had up his sleeve? But unfortunately Dave canceled on her the night before. Basically saying he had a studio session that he just couldn't miss and didn't know when he'd be finished. Mind you he texted her and didn't bother to call and tell her but April knew what it was. There was more to the story. Her baby played a part and the way she had held off on telling him had bothered him and let's not forget he high key questioned whether he should be concerned about Chris and her relationship that was pretty much nonexistent. Dave was pretty possessive when he came to April and their relationship so even though their talk had been a success he was still sorting his feelings.

April and Dave hadn't really communicated during the week besides his good morning and goodnight I love you texts and blue hearts throughout the day. Even when Kairi would call and facetime her Dave pretty much let them be and stayed to himself in the background. April had told Kairi she could call whenever she wanted to and so far lil mama took it to the heart and had been calling her at least twice a day and April didn't mind one bit. She had promised her that she would be there for her no matter what and she would even if she and Dave didn't last. April was still going to be there for her. She knew Kairi was missing that motherly figure in her life and April was there with open arms happily ready to fill that void. Guess Millie was actually right about one thing. April was the type of woman to take care of other women's kids but hey if they weren't such lousy ass females and sucky ass parents she wouldn't have to. Then again it was in her DNA to be loving and caring. She got it honest from her parents.

As far as April and Dave's relationship she was missing him but she knew this situation wasn't easy on him no matter what he said and that's why she was giving him the space he needed. She knew it wasn't going to be easy by a long shot so she was just rolling with the punches just like she did with everything else in her life. Besides she saw this coming. She had faith in Dave but she expected it. She just wished it was a little easier to deal with especially with her emotions all out of whack. She felt like she had everything in the palm of her hands and Thanos came along and snapped his fingers and fucked up everything. But April was a survivor so she was going to survive this as well. At the end of the day she knew Dave was here to stay he was still trying to wrap his head around the situation and accept it fully. So she wasn't going to write his ass off just yet. She was just waiting on the pill he swallowed to fully dissolve.