44: Sometimes

Chapter 44: SometimesApril

April

Just like when I believe she was nothing
She was something
You went running
How you gonna do me like that
I still want you back
Man I still want you back
Oh, Lord have your mercy
For loving him religiously
I should be praying for better things
Instead of praying for a man
Who don't give a fuck about me
Sometimes they do come back
And sometimes they don't
Sometimes the love will last
But sometimes it won't
[Sometimes: K. Michelle]

April hung up with Chris and sighed deeply. She was still in her feelings and definitely feeling a way. The way April felt she was ready to end her me-cation and run up on a bitch but she was trying so hard not to let Millie get to her. Any other time that shit would roll off but not today. It was way too personal and way too deep. It didn't matter where she went or how much she kept to herself drama always seemed to find her. All she wanted to do was get away and focus on herself yet Millie, Dave, Chris, and her family was on her mind. Peace of mind and a little bit of happiness is all she wanted. She didn't ask for much just happiness. Was it too much to ask for? Shit, she even sacrificed what could have been love. So she had no more to give. All the way in Jamaica and still problems came her way. April just couldn't escape. She just couldn't win.

Millie had been asking better yet begging and pleading for an ass whooping for months on end and if April was in the states she would have given her exactly what she was asking for. She was tired of being quiet. She was tired of protecting niggas. She was tired of turning the other cheek when all she kept receiving was slap after slap in the face. April knew her and Millie were going to have to cross paths either voluntary or involuntarily and at this point she was more than ready to put her in her place. Millie was acting like she was untouchable and maybe that was April's fault for letting her slide so much. But in all actuality all April had to do was place one phone call and get shit handled but this right here had her name written all over it. She was going to personally take care of it.

Boundaries were definitely crossed and words were spoken that couldn't be unsaid and therefore something had to be done. Yes something had to give and that's just why April went in on her ass the way she did. She might have not been able to fuck with her physically at the moment but she could rattle her ass mentally and shake some shit up until she could. April was all for being a grown woman and talking shit out but she knew words weren't going to cut it this time around. Besides words couldn't express how she truly felt. She was already questioning her worth and now she felt like Millie had directly come for not only her son but her motherhood and she wasn't having that.

Then there was Chris who she had to calm down before he did something that would've gotten him into some shit. She knew he was tired of seeing all the subliminal messages Millie was posting long before she had poked the bear and if she didn't handle it soon reckless Chris would resurface and show his ass and she didn't want that shit. Chris was liable of fucking up your whole life and his own in the process so she couldn't have that.