8: Crush

Chapter 8: Crush Dave East

Chapter 8: Crush
Dave East

I feel a little rush
I think I've got a little crush on you
I hope it's not too much
But babe when I'm with you, I hear it
My heart singing
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la-la
My heart singing
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la-la
I think I've got a crush, babe
Crush on you too
Feel a little rush, baby
And I feel it too
I think I've got a crush, babe
Crush on you too
Feel a little rush, baby
[Crush: Yuna ft. Usher]

Dave had woken up to the sound of his baby girl's voice along with her slaps to his face as he did every morning. On Dave's face held a smile. The last few hours were blissful for him and something new that he wouldn't mind getting used to. The conversation he and April held was nothing but good vibes and he couldn't wait to see her today. He low key felt like a teenager. She stressed to him that she wanted to do something low key. She wanted no parts of the media and paparazzi and he was down for the cause. April hadn't expressed why but he already knew her reasoning and respected it. He was glad that she had made time for him. All he knew was that he couldn't wait to chill with her later and see how they vibed in person and would it be better than talking on the phone. Would she be the same person or was it all a front. Dave could read people well and knew April was as genuine as they came but it wouldn't hurt to see if it was 100% real. By the end of the night he'd figure out if she was worth pursuing and hopefully she was.

He got up and started his regular routine. Dave brushed Kairi and his teeth; he washed their faces, and headed straight for the kitchen. He made Kairi breakfast and a green smoothie for himself. You know his wheat grass and bark shit. Dave was very careful with what he put in his body nowadays. Before Kairi was born he use to dib and dab in lean just like everybody else but once she was born he didn't want any of that shit anywhere near her so he had to do and be better. Of course he still smoked weed and drank alcohol and that would probably never change but he didn't do those things around her. He was on a healthy kick and so far it was good for him. Sure he endured in snacks but never over did it. Everything was done in moderation.

He spent time with Kairi watching Doc McStuffins, playing, and reading to her until he was ready to officially start their day. Kairi was always with Dave unless she was spending time with his folks. His mother normally watched her when he needed a sitter and didn't mind at all. He was her primary guardian and provider. As far as her mother she was around but that was about it...just around. She normally got her on the weekends. They use to be in love at one point but things started to make them drift apart. One thing was his career choice. She wasn't feeling him being a rapper. She even tried to blast him on social media a few times for bullshit she caused.

Since then he hadn't been in another serious relationship and honestly that was his only serious relationship. Dave was just chilling when it came to women and relationships just fucking and ducking, sloppy toppy, and on to the next. He really wasn't looking for anything serious but someone was slowly changing his mind and he had to admit he didn't mind it but he wasn't about to rush shit. Besides he needed to make sure they were both on the same page. He wouldn't dig too deep into it. Shit was still too fresh and too new and just because the conversation was good it wouldn't make him do the extreme. Dave knew that April hadn't told him everything but it didn't bother him. That was the point of getting to know each other. He also knew it was going to take some time to break April's barriers and he wondered if the time was even worth it. Was April even worth it? Something told him she was but he'd take his time and figure it out.