56: Before the Storm

Chapter 56: Before the StormApril

April

"It doesn't matter what people say about me, I weather the storm"
[By: Terrell Owens]

April was at home getting ready for Dave to come through. Normally she would throw on a pair of sweats or leggings and a sports bra and call it a day because they weren't doing anything special but staying in the house. Oh but today she felt like being a little petty and a bit of a tease. She took a nice hot bubble bath with her favorite bath balm and then showered with her Dove Sensitive Body Wash. Once she was done she put on her cocoa and shea butter mixture making sure to add some baby oil for an extra glow. You know make that 24k melanin pop just a little more than it already was. Music flowed throughout her bedroom as she searched her closet for a sexy little lingerie set to wear for the night. She was going all out tonight.

April wanted to show Dave all that he had been missing, what he could have, as well as look sexy for her-self because in a few months she and lingerie might not mix. Besides this was their first night actually chilling together after so many months of being broken up so she wanted him to really get a good look at her. Millie had nothing on her in any department and that was point blank period. They couldn't be compared. Millie couldn't even compete and she needed him to know that.

Finally picking out a cute little royal blue number and matching robe April picked up the pieces and made her way out the closet placing the set on her bed. Right now she was in a regular fluffy red cotton robe just in her little bubble as she sang along to the music and made her way to her vanity to work on her edges because her curls were already wild, fresh, and popping. She knew Dave loved when her hair was wild and free so that was a little bonus. April sat in her vanity chair, turned on her vanity lights, and got to work. She applied her edge control, brushed them into her desired look, then topped them with Gots to Be ultra glued gel, and placed on her scarf. As far as makeup she opted out on not wearing any since she had that good ole pregnancy glow and besides it wasn't needed.

Luckily for her Chris had left that afternoon so she was free to do as she pleased. She could've done as she pleased with him around but she didn't need the added drama to her already drama filled life especially when she knew Dave was in his feelings and Chris on the other hand wouldn't mind. Any, who they had spent the day talking about the baby and Chris making sure April would keep him posted on absolutely everything. He wanted her to call him if she needed anything and if she thought something was wrong. Chris didn't want her to hesitate. If she needed him he was there.

He truly wanted to be there for both April and their baby. He had even promised that he would be at her next appointment and would most likely check on her in person the following weekend. Then to top it all off he left her some money for her new burger cravings and any other cravings she might have knowing she didn't need his money but he wouldn't take no for an answer. Then he had the nerve to leave her a list of healthy foods that she should be eating along with a bunch of pregnancy articles that he thought would be helpful to her. Chris was on full daddy mode and she was here for it. April thought it was cute to see him so invested in not only their baby's health but hers as well.