10: 3 Months Later

Chapter 10: 3 Months Later
April

3 months had passed and April and Dave were thick as thieves. Good morning texts, goodnight texts, and random texts were sent constantly between the two. Whenever they had free time they would call each other but mostly face timed because for some reason they needed to see each other when they talked. They were still keeping it low key and they both liked it that way. His boys knew about her and her girls knew about him and that's all who needed to know. The way things were going they were both walking around with real genuine smiles and truly happy. By now Dave had been back to her crib more than a handful of times. Each time she had his meal ready, his blunts rolled, and his Henny on ice. She didn't have to do any of it but she liked to. Dave had become a friend and kept it 100 with her at all times; he had also properly met her little sister Alaina. Alaina liked him for April. He was different from April's norm and that's what she needed, a real nigga someone to crack her shell and let the real her shine through.

April had also been to the studio a few times on some late night shit trying not to be seen. Even when they were posting online her only request was that they made sure not to post her on anything and they respected her wish and obliged. She had met his boys Bully and Shooter as well and they were just as cool as Dave. The type of relationship they shared with Dave was more brotherly than best friends. They all balanced each other out. April didn't smoke or drink around them though. April only did it when it was her and Dave in the studio together even though Dave told her that they could be trusted. April wasn't taking those chances just yet though. Believe it or not they were turning into the best of friends but still talked that good shit to each other. That was something that wasn't going to stop no time soon if at all.

Dave would say some slick nasty shit to see her squirm and she would tease him just to see him clench his jaw trying to refrain himself from taking her down. They both wanted a piece of each other but didn't want to fuck shit up just yet. They were taking it slow. Here April said all she wanted was good dick and someone to cuddle with but Dave had her thinking about more than that. Their conversations were getting deeper but she had yet to mention Chris but Dave was patiently waiting. She wanted to tell him but she didn't want him to think of her as a weak ass female for sticking with a nigga who didn't deserve her loyalty and her love. With Dave she didn't have to fight for his attention he was always there giving it to her but then again it was still the beginning. On the other hand Dave wanted her attention as well and she was giving it to him just how he liked and wanted. April did something to him that triggered him mentally, emotionally, physically, and even spiritually and he was enjoying the feeling. He liked it. So no she didn't get a cuddy buddy but she did get a cuddle buddy and a friend.

**********
Chapter 10.1

Meanwhile Chris on the other hand was trying to get his life together

Meanwhile Chris on the other hand was trying to get his life together. He had seen the message that April had sent to his DM thanking him for his post and as bad as he wanted to hit her up he just couldn't bring himself to do so. He kept saying he didn't want to fuck up her life again so he'd leave her alone. Shit got bad when Trey told him that he had spoken to her a while ago. From that point on all he could do was think about her. How was she? What was she up to? Was she seeing someone? Did he still have a shot? He knew just like everyone knew they needed to talk. They both needed some kind of closure and to get everything off of their chests. No matter what the outcome Chris wanted her to be happy. She deserved to be happy even it wasn't with him.