73: Are You In

Chapter 73: Are You InChris

Chris

Dinner had been ready and served a few hours ago and now everyone was sitting back chilling in the living room talking about nothing in particular. If anything they were just enjoying each other's company. To Chris the vibe was cool like always and the crew they once had, had grown a lot even with the minus one they had aka Hazel. Honestly these days no one was really checking for her and he could care less. Their parents had went home Mama Joyce had even went to stay the night at Ian and Ananda's, the kids were sleep, and now the festivities were getting started. Chris was in the middle of rolling when April crept up on him. He already knew she wanted and needed to talk to him.

He could tell by the way she approached him. For some time now it looked like she had needed to talk but he was waiting on her to approach him. Yes they were cool and on their bestie shit but Chris didn't want to cross any lines or boundaries. She now had a man, they were in a serious relationship, had a family, and he knew if she needed to talk that she would confide in Dave before coming to him. He respected it even if he was the father of her child. Some shit hadn't changed. Chris was still able to read her but it was no longer his place to do so. Granted they had a relationship where they could talk to each other about almost anything but somethings were off limit unless she brought up the topic. Chris was staying in his lane.

"Hey Chrissy can we talk" April crept up on him from behind the couch and asked.

"Is that a real question" he looked up at her. He always had time to talk to her.

"Bet when ya done you can find me in the kitchen" she said. He already knew she was going to be in there snacking on something. Nowadays she was always craving for something so they always made sure it was fruit salads on deck so she wouldn't be eating junk food all day.

"Give me a second and I'll be there" he said as he finished rolling up while April walked away going towards the kitchen.

Finished rolling up he placed his blunt behind his ear, stood up from the couch, and made his way into the kitchen to see April at the kitchen table doing just what he presumed. He went and took a seat at the table joining her. Chris tilted his head to the side and looked her over. Since carrying his baby he found her to be a bit more attractive than usual. To him she had always been eye candy but now with little seedling baking inside it added more to her. Of course he kept shit respectable and kept his thoughts to himself but he just couldn't help but notice it. Pregnancy looked damn good on her.

"So what's on ya mind Apple" he questioned studying her face.

"I just wanted to talk and see where ya head is at" she replied and pushed away her fruit bowl giving him her full attention.

"See where my head is at as in" he dragged trying to see where this conversation was going.

"Look my hormones are tripping right now and I know things are cool but I just wanted to make sure you're still good with how things are going with the baby and this whole blended family thing. Like I told Dave earlier shit is bout to get real. In two months lil seedling will be here and we'll be around each other more often. Can you handle being around us for more than just a weekend at a time" April sounded off what was on her mind. He knew there was more to it but he'd deal with everything as it came.