27.2: Enemy

Chapter 27

Chapter 27.2: Enemy
Omniscient

Chris eyes had widened and his jaw damn near dropped to the floor as it felt like the air in the room had disappeared. He couldn't believe what he had just heard to the point he was questioning his hearing. He had thought it was just a mere scare but to know that she was in fact pregnant he needed to know exactly what happened. Was the baby alive? No, it couldn't be. If so no one had ever said anything to him and he knew the type of woman April was she wouldn't dare keep him away from his child no matter what. So what happened and why did she wait so long to say something. So many questions swarmed around his head. He and April had a baby or a baby on the way. This was his first time hearing this shit and he didn't really know how to react. Question after question popped up but the main one that stuck out and concerned him the most was what happened. So he asked the million dollar question.

"What happened" Chris croaked afraid to hear the answer because his gut was telling him that it wasn't a happy ending.

"I shouldn't have even gotten pregnant but I was sexually frustrated one night. My toys and my fingers weren't cutting it and I wasn't getting any. I knew you were out doing you but I couldn't hold out any longer. We had already gone months without touching each other. You were fresh out the shower, towel wrapped around your waist, and your body was decorated in fresh hickies and scratch marks. You paid me a few minutes' worth of attention and I ran with it. By then I had stopped taking my birth control because like I said it was no point since we weren't having sex" April told him the story of how their baby was conceived instead of answering his question. She remembered the night all too well. She had never talked about it before or out loud to anyone. She had wanted to tell Chris first since he was the father so she dealt with it all by herself. Boy the respect she gave that nigga when he deserved none. In the long run she should've spoke to somebody.

"Dick from you was normally bomb but that night I knew you decided to sleep with me because you felt obligated to or maybe it was out of pity or whatever. You knew you had just come back from fucking whomever but you still knew you weren't giving me any so that night we just fucked. If that's what you want to call it. It wasn't the same and we both knew it but I just needed you to scratch the itch. There was no emotion from neither one of us we were both quiet no moaning no groaning just sex. That wasn't normal for us. You could simply kiss me and I'd moan but that night, nothing" April couldn't even look at him as she felt repulsed at herself. Chris sure had a knack for making her feel bad about herself but that was partially her fault. She was grown she knew she should've been left. "Truthfully I was disgusted with myself because I knew what you came home from doing. I guess I finally hit rock bottom" April played with her hands while Chris sat there still trying to take everything in.

"Before I could even reach the slightest of my peak you bust inside of me, rolled off me, and went straight to sleep. I cried myself to sleep that night. Not only was I disgusted in myself but I was still horny and the dick I wanted and fiend so badly didn't want me. Trust I could've gotten dick from someone else but I wasn't a cheater. I couldn't see myself sleeping with another nigga or letting another nigga touch me" April needed a blunt like nobody's business right about now. So she excused herself and went up to her bedroom to grab a few of her pre rolled blunts and left the room remembering to grab her special gift out of safe keeping. Before she entered the living room she carefully placed the item away and went to join Chris who had sparked up a blunt of his own. She took a seat beside him and sparked up hers as well. Chris looked at her with a blank face. April knew what was on his mind and no matter how much she was trying to stall she couldn't any longer. She had already held all of this to herself for years already. It was time to let him know. At the end of the day he did have the right to know. She just felt like she was slowly ripping the bandaid off of her own heart. The same heart that she had super glued together but still had a few cracks that could shatter the whole thing at any moment if not cared for properly.