48: Truth Is

Chapter 48: Truth IsDave

Dave

Baby, the truth is I need you in my life
I know that you're my wife
You're perfect in my eyes, yeah
Truth is I prayed for you
Truth is I was made for you
Truth is you make me better
Girl, I'm thankful you're my angel now
I'm only making love to you (Truth is)
So in love with everything you do (Truth is)
You're perfect in every way
You don't have to change a thing (Yeah, yeah)
Baby, the truth is that I can't live without you
[Truth Is: Vedo]

Dave stood in front of April starring at her with so much love, passion, and admiration in his eyes with her face still cupped in his hands and his emotions running wild. Yet he didn't know what to say or what do. He felt like a rock stuck in a hard place. Here stood the woman of his dreams and the woman he truly wanted and needed. The woman who made him happy, the woman he saw his future with, and yet he belonged to someone else. But April loved him. She really and truly loved him and now he knew that she felt the exact same way he did because he damn sure loved her. There was no question about it. This moment was surreal. This moment is the moment Dave seemed to wait a lifetime for maybe even an eternity.

To hear those three words come from her lips set his soul ablaze. It was on fire and woke him up from the trance he seemed to be buried deep in. It was like he could see the sun shining ever so brightly drawing away all the darkness and he could finally hear the birds chirping loud and clear. Dave had truly fucked up he played right into Millie's little trap. He knew he was holding on to what could have been when in reality he already knew what it was. Fucking with Millie was a huge mistake. In that very moment Dave finally realized what everybody had been telling him. His happiness mattered too. Kairi was always going to be happy and he was going to make sure of that. Now it was his turn to work on his happiness. He may have not deserved it anymore but he damn sure was going to earn it.

Dave kept his eyes locked on April as she kept her eyes locked on his. No words needed to be exchanged. He knew he needed to fix the mess that he had willingly created. He had to make things right. He knew he would never be happy with Millie. He was just settling on the what ifs and trying to live that picture perfect family life that was nonexistent from jump. In his perfect family Millie didn't exist. Maybe she did once upon a time but not anymore. His wheels were turning and he knew something had to be done and soon. Dave didn't want to wake up another day without April being in his life and by his side where she belonged. He felt that six letter word hitting him like a boulder sitting heavily on his chest and suffocating him. REGRET...regret for not fighting for the woman he loved. Regret for not sticking up for his own happiness. Regret for letting her walk away. Regret for making them both suffer without each other for months on end.

"Now what" April repeated breaking the silence.

"I'm gonna fix this. I promise I'll make things right" Dave answered with pure determination. You could hear it in his voice and see it in his eyes. He was not going to live another day without her.