27.1: Enemy

Chapter 27

Chapter 27.1: Enemy
Omniscient

Both of their eyes bloodshot red and puffy from crying and smoking April and Chris sat in a somewhat comfortable silence deciding on where to start next because they still had more than enough to talk about.

April started. "Why didn't you upgrade while you were cheating? You were fucking bitches that shouldn't even been able to take a sneak peek at the dick" she asked him even though she knew that no one could compete with her. Not being cocky but she knew that she brought a lot to the table.

Chris chuckled. "You were the upgrade. No chick could compare to you. No one I fucked with or would've fucked with would've been an upgrade. They tried to compete but that wasn't happening. What everyone failed to realize is that I had the full package at home already but I didn't treat you right. Everyone kept saying that you had to be doing something wrong. That just goes to show you where their heads were at. It was me doing wrong but they never saw it that way. Then again maybe they did but just didn't care" Chris replied. He knew most of the bitches he was fuckin with gave no fucks about who he had at home. It didn't matter if he was dating April or any other chick for that matter they still wouldn't give a fuck.

"You were cheating on me with messy bitches. Like what happened to side bitches knowing their place. I'd a still been pissed but at least I wouldn't know who they were. Sending pics and texts to my DM's like damn ok you fucked him clap, clap. Keep his ass" April rolled her eyes.

"They thought they won a prize" he leaned back into the couch. "Yea they had me physically but my heart was still with you...is still with you" he admitted. April looked at him wide eyed. So she did still have a piece of his heart just like he did in hers. "Yea you still got my heart. Always have and always will"

"I'm all of this to you yet you broke me. How is it possible to have ya heart when you treated me the way you did"

"I can't take back what I did to you, to us but I'm sorry. I know ya tired of me saying sorry but I don't know what else I can do bout it to make it right or better" he glanced at her.

"You did what you did and yet you proposed to me. Like why even bother" April asked really wanting to know. Why propose to her knowing damn well nothing was going to change including him.

"We always talked bout getting married. I knew I wasn't ready but I thought you deserved a ring and the wedding of ya dreams after all the bullshit I put you through. I thought if we got married it would keep me focused on you and what we had. Trust I wanted you and only you to be Mrs. Brown but it wasn't the right time. I was being selfish. I thought I was finally doing right by you but I was really just trying to keep you so you wouldn't leave. If I could do everything over again I would never do you wrong. I'd never step out on you. I'd love you and you'd know it. There would be no doubt in your mind that I love you. You'd know it" Damn he wished he could do it all over again because he knew he had lucked up when it came to April. The love she gave to him was raw and unfiltered. She loved him wholeheartedly.