71: Dinner w/ the Brewster's

Chapter 71: Dinner with the Brewster'sOmniscient

Omniscient

A week had passed and today was Sunday. No biggie right. Well today was actually Sunday dinner at Dave's parent's house which was no big deal it was just dinner which should be cool. But today would be April's first time inside their home and meeting them in person for the second time. The first time they met was at Kairi's birthday party and things were good they were smooth. See April was no stranger to them they knew her before she even knew them being that they were friends with her parents and Dave's father use to be a part of April's father's New York crew back in the day when they ran the streets.

But nonetheless she was use to talking on the phone with Mama Faye. They talked on the regular these days whether she was on the phone with Dave, calling April herself, or calling April so Kairi could talk to her when she was over at their place on the weekends. So they built their relationship through that and the two women absolutely adored each other. Mama Faye treated her like she was her daughter. April was closer to his mother than she was to his father but David Senior was cool in her book. He was pretty chill and laid back dude.

See it should be no big deal because they knew each other but today was the day that Dave planned on telling his parents and Kairi that April was pregnant. So they were both nervous because realistically this could go one or two ways either bad or good. They were praying for good. April and Dave were going to sit down and explain it more to Kairi later on when they got back home since this too would affect her. In a few months she would no longer be the only child and she would also be a big sister so they wanted to make sure that she understood what was going on and make sure she was straight. They wanted her to know that yes things were going to change but mommy and daddy was still going to be there for her. They knew she wouldn't fully grasp it but they still wanted to make sure she knew that they weren't going anywhere once the new baby came along.

Dave on the other hand had faith in his parents. They were pretty acceptable but he still had his doubts. He didn't know how it would go down or how he would utter the words to them. Now telling them April was pregnant wasn't a big deal well it was but he knew that they understood that at the end of the day he was a grown man and he would do what he needed to do for his child just like he does for Kairi. They would be over the moon with excitement to have a new grand baby but once he'd tell them that it's not his child biologically then how would they react. Would they still be supportive or would they think he was crazy for even getting into a relationship with April while she was pregnant with another man's baby.

Right now they were in his truck on the way to his parent's and so far neither Dave nor April had uttered a single word since they had got in. They were both too busy in their heads thinking about all the what ifs. For April she just hoped that however they felt that they would be respectful about it. If not she was kindly going to thank them for dinner, excuse herself, and wait for Dave in the car and if he wasn't following behind her he'd be finding his own way home tonight because she was leaving. She didn't want to stay anywhere that she felt uncomfortable. April wasn't trying to build a wedge or make Dave choose between his parents and her so she hoped like hell that this shit would work out because she really didn't want to be without him. Their relationship was going smooth, family life was great, and she didn't want that to change when everything was flourishing.