16: Who Is She To You

Chapter 16: Who Is She To You?Dave

Dave

"What's on your mind" he asked as he sealed the blunt ready to spark it.

"Ya baby moms...what's up with that? With the history y'all have do you see yourself getting back with her" April asked. He was wondering when she was going to ask about their relationship. Once upon a time Dave had high hopes for them nowadays not so much but he always wondered what it would be like if she got her shit together and they made it work.

"I'm a keep it a hunnid like I always do" he replied keeping his eyes on her. "Right now all we do is co-parent and so far so good...sometimes. Yea we have our ups and downs more so downs but at the end of the day our main focus is lil butt" April nodded. "She's my first love. The first chick I actually loved besides my moms and sister. She's actually the first and last chick I brought home. Is it love still there? Yea I'll always love her. Without her there would be no lil butt and life without my lil butt just ain't life. So I'd go through all the bullshit all over again for the sake of Kairi" he lit the blunt and took a deep pull.

"I understand baby girl is a blessing for you" April said with a distant look in her eyes as Dave nodded. He peeped the look in her eyes but decided to let it go though. Kairi was a blessing to Dave. With Kairi being born he finally saw the big picture.

"True all I do is for her so she won't have to go through or experience what I went through growing up. She pushes me to do what I do and be the best at it. As far as her moms I wanted us to work out for Kairi and I guess for me to. I wanted her to be raised in a 2 parent household like I was but shit happens" he shrugged. He didn't want to go into deep because this was a sensitive subject for him. He hadn't even told Millie how he felt at this point.

"So what happened between y'all" She asked. She had let him in and now it was his turn to do the same. Dave passed her the blunt and leaned against the headboard trying to gather his thoughts. He was chilling he didn't want the talk about Millie to fuck up his mood but he had to let April in even if it was just a little.

Dave scoffed. "Besides the fact that she's a half ass mother" he lowly mumbled to himself. "She doesn't like my lifestyle but she loves the perks she gets with it. You understand the lifestyle of a nigga in the industry" he looked at her and licked his lips and took another pull.

She chuckled but it wasn't a regular chuckle. It was laced with sarcasm. "That I do. It works for some but not so well for others. It definitely takes time to get use to a lifestyle like that but the way I see it is if you truly love the person you're with at least try it out for that person and if it doesn't work at least you know you tried"

"She didn't even attempt to try it. You know how the studio goes. You're scheduled for 2 hours but once you get in there the shit might end up being an all-nighter. Sometimes ya boys bring chicks and no matter how many times I tell her they ain't there for me that's another argument" he took another pull from the blunt and exhaled. If his baby mother could handle his lifestyle and do some serious changing like a deep soul change he would definitely try to work it out with her. Not for the sake of him but for the sake of Kairi because her happiness came above all.