20.1: Pop Ups & Family Dinners

Chapter 20.1: Pop Ups & Family Dinners (cont)
April

Freshly showered and dressed in a pair of black leggings, a white fitted tank top, covered in a red and black high low flannel shirt April sat at her acrylic vanity fixing her hair into a sleek high curly ponytail. Once she got it to her liking she fixed her edges and tied a silk scarf around her head to lay them just the way she liked and to hold them in place. Now in her walk-in closet that looked like a big ass women's boutique she walked over to her sneaker section and pulled out a crisp pair of Bred 11's. Placing her kicks on over her ankle socks she grabbed her red Gucci soho leather disco bag, made sure everything she needed was inside, put her purse strap over her shoulder, and left out of her room turning the lights off behind her.

Downstairs and back inside the kitchen she grabbed the perfectly made 3 layered caramel cake and placed it inside her cake carrier. With the cake now in her hands she made her way out the side door connected to the top portion of her garage, locked the house up, and grabbed the keys to her white drop top Mustang. That was her baby. She thought she looked bad ass and sexy in it. It was cocaine white with 2 black stripes on the hood that faded to the back of her trunk. It had all black interior and she kept the display lights red in the inside. Unlocking the door she placed the cake along with her purse in the passenger seat putting the seatbelt over the cake carrier to keep it secure. Her own seatbelt on April pressed the start button, opened her garage door, pulled out, and closed it behind her.

40 minutes later she arrived at her parent's house. They also lived in a mini mansion. They liked to have extra room for visiting family members along with April and Alaina's bedrooms. It was decked out but modest and homely at the same time. April pulled up and parked in front of the house beside another car that had to belong to August. She turned off the car, unbuckled herself along with the cake grabbing it and her purse, and hopped out of the car locking it. She got to the door, pulled out her house keys, only for her mother to open the door with the brightest smile ever and open arms.

"My baby's home" her mother said excitedly. They loved when their girls came home. This is why April needed to come home more often. She missed the feeling of being home surrounded by genuine real love.

"Hey mommy" April mirrored her mother's smile. Her mother was in her early 40's but looked very much like she was in her 30's. April, her mother, and sister could be a dead ringer for sisters. They all looked that much alike. Her mother had smooth milk chocolate colored skin, not a wrinkle in sight, short just like April but just a tad bit taller standing at 5ft 1in, chocolatey brown eyes just like April, a button nose, and nice full lips with a perfect cupids bow. Her body was to die for. You couldn't even tell that she had kids. It didn't show. She was slim thick, not so big B cup breast, a flat stomach, a nice size ass, hips, and toned legs. She got it honest genetics did play a part in it but she also worked out and took good care of herself.  April's mother also had hair just like her and her sister. Long natural kinky curly that cascaded down her back in its natural state but down her waist when straightened but make no mistake she also wore weaves and wigs. She called them her personality pieces. Ananda was bad and she knew it.

"Daddy said you were coming but I thought he was bullshitting me" her mother said as she gave her a side hug since the cake was in the way. Yes her mother called her father daddy. April was used to it. Since she could remember she's always called him that. Her mother wrapped her arm around hers and they walked side by side to the kitchen to place the cake down.

"Nope I didn't have anything to do today so since I was free and missing your home cooked meals I said why not" April pulled her mother into her arms giving her a tight hug. "I missed you mommy" she inhaled her cocoa butter and cinnamon scent that she loved.