30: Cry Me A River

Chapter 30: Cry Me a RiverDave

Dave

You told me you love me
Why did you leave me all alone
Now you tell me you need me
When you call me on the phone
Girl, I refuse
You must have me confused with some other guy
The bridges were burned
Now it's your turn, to cry
Cry me a river
Cry me a river
Cry me a river
Cry me a river
[Cry Me a River: Justin Timberlake]

Dave had low key been on edge all day. It started with April calling him early this morning when she seemed to be experiencing a panic attack. Yes he calmed her down but honestly he was saving face. She scared him. He knew that she would be going through it today and no matter what he said to her in the end she'd still feel a way. He had texted her and called her throughout the day to no avail to the point he was plain flat out worried. Dave made a mental note to get Alaina and Hazel's number for emergency purposes. All he wanted to know was if she was ok so he could breathe a little bit. He knew he wouldn't be able to breathe 100% until she was back home and in his arms. At one point during the day he felt a sickening feeling deep in the pit of his stomach. He just knew something was wrong with her and prayed to Allah that she would call soon. Dave knew she didn't want him to worry about her but he couldn't help it. The way he saw it, it was now his job to worry about her.

What he didn't know was at the same time he had that sickening feeling April was actually going through the beginning stages of her nervous breakdown. All he wanted to do was be there for her. Wipe away her tears while she cried, hold her in his arms when she needed to be held, let her use his shoulder when she needed someone to lean on, and lend his ear when all she wanted was for someone to listen to her. Dave wanted and needed to be there for her. He couldn't express it enough. He was her man and felt like he needed to hold her hand and let her know that at the end of the day he had her back. She wasn't alone. He would be there for her no matter what and that she would eventually get over the situation. It would of course take time and it might hurt but it would get better.

Dave had been walking around the house on autopilot trying to compose himself and just clear his mind and spend time with his lil butt especially since she would be going to her mom's place later on for her weekend visitation. He had just watched his lil butt pullout the winding driveway with her mother when his phone had finally went off displaying the picture he snuck of April while she was cuddled up sleeping in his arms. He loved the picture and loved the fact that she was in his arms. He still couldn't understand better yet believe how a man like him got a woman like her. April was one hell of a catch. Like why did she even give him a chance? What was so special about him? Dave thought she needed to be with some super rich snooty nigga who could love her and give her the world but nope it was him the gang banging thug rapper that she wanted and gave all her attention to.

Before the phone could ring a 3rd time he immediately picked up and the conversation started. April told him what she could at the moment but he knew there was more to the story and was glad that she wanted to talk about it in person. In person he could be there like he wanted and needed to be. At the end of the day he was just happy that she was somewhat good and he could stop worrying so much. From her kinky curly tresses wild and about, her bloodshot red eyes, and tear stained face he knew that something had went down but he wasn't going to press her about it. He just hoped that she and Chris hadn't been arguing even though she claimed they didn't. Dave just talked to her about whatever was on her mind until she fell asleep on the phone with him. He knew that his woman was exhausted. He could see it. It was written all over her face.