54: I'll Be There

Chapter 54: I'll Be ThereChris

Chris

April looked at Chris and shook her head laughing but to him wasn't shit funny. He was nervous as all hell. No matter what April said it still didn't put him at ease. He wasn't even this nervous when he asked for her parent's blessing to marry her. Yet here he sat in April's ride parked in front of her parent's house with his nerves all over the place. Like he had said he had been on Ian's hit list for years and he had finally made it off and he didn't plan to go back on there. It was bad enough that he already knew he was still on thin ice but now April was pregnant with his baby for the second time and to make matters worse they weren't even in a relationship and would never be in relationship again. Chris didn't know how Ian would react. He just hoped everything went good.

"Chris we've been out here for fifteen minutes already. The sooner we go inside the quicker this talk will be over and the faster me and lil seedling can eat" April said looking at him ready to pout.

"I should've smoked a fat ass blunt or a cigarette before we left" he said as he rubbed his hands against his legs nervously. He had stopped smoking cigarettes but this shit right here had him ready to jump back on the wagon full speed ahead and burn a pack down.

April looked at him and shook her head. He already knew she was about to hit him with the 'I told you so'. "I told you to but you said no you didn't want to smoke around ya lil seedling like you couldn't go smoke outside on the back patio" April said. "My dad isn't going to kill you. If he was he'd a done it by now. You act like I'm a let him hurt. He just wants to talk that's all" April spoke calmly slightly easing his nerves yet shaking him up all the same.

"Ok, ok" Chris took a couple of deep breaths and finally gathered himself as best as he could.

Chris and April hopped out the car and April locked up. They made their way to the front door and as usual before she had the chance to open it herself one of her parents was already opening it.

"Hey daddy" April greeted her father and smiled as she watched him eye Chris. Shit Chris saw the way he was grilling him. He eternally sighed hoping and praying for the best.

"Hey Peanut and grandpa's lil Peanut I see y'all finally decided to get out the car" he smiled at her and stepped to the side to let them enter with his eyes still on Chris. Chris knew he said that shit on purpose. He was probably looking out the window laughing at him.

"Hey Pops" Chris greeted him making sure to keep eye contact and firmly shook his hand.

"Chris" Ian nodded his head then closed and locked the door behind them. He knew Ian enjoyed toying with him. Damn he missed when days use to be sweet when they could kick back and just chill. They chilled once and while now when he was around but it wasn't the same but what could he do he did fuck around on his daughter. He had to earn his place back at the table.